TheNeil

I Need Help

After yesterday when Mrs TheNeil admitted to doing a 'bad thing' and I was led to believe that it was just 'friendship' I got home tonight to find out that she's moved all of her things out - she's been having an affair for three months

My little world has just imploded and I don't know what to do anymore

aw sweetheart im soo sorry.thats not fair.have you got family or people who care about you near by.you need proper support from your family and friends....love noogsy

My mother and my brother are driving down from Middlesbrough but I don't have anyone else - being AS, making friends is something I just don't do. The person I'd turn to in problem moments like this has just broken what little heart I once had. I should have known that letting people past my natural defences was a mistake

I don't know what to do so I've been kind of going through the normal routine but in a daze (and as my mother is coming I should really get the hoovering done)

I wish I knew what to say. I know you don't like hugs so I won't offer you one, but I am thinking of you.

You must be so shocked. Take it easy and let your parents take care of you for a bit. Hope you're ok - why on earth did she bother with all the other stuff yesterday?!

Thinking of you.

Oh TN.... :( I'm so so sorry to read this thread.......

Thankfully your family are on their way and I hope they give you lots of support.

Will be thinking of you

Hi TheNiel,

Just want to say I'm thinking of you. I'm glad to hear your family are going to be with you. Take care.

Keep posting on here, let us know how you are.

SV >:D<<'> (I hope you dont mind virtual hugs.)

I'm really sorry TheNeil, this is very sad for you.

I'm glad you have the support of your family. Don't worry about the hoovering, it is not important. Just take one day at a time, and let your mother and brother help you sort things out.

It's OK to have a big cry if you want to.

Hi

I'm so sorry. Don't know what to say really. I know that when things get really difficult for me, I kinda go into 'autopilot'. Guess, that's what you're doing just now - hoovering. I'm so glad your mum is coming to see you. Try and take it easy. Just take one day at a time and you'll get through this. You will - because you have to! You've came to the right place because you're with 'friends'. We don't always have the answers, but just knowing that there's people that care, makes a world of difference.

Thinking of you.

Keep us posted and let us know how you're doing.

Caroline.

Take time and do what you have too. Let your family support you and don't worry about the vacuming!

Your family loves you for who you are.

Jen

Well my mum is here (my brother had to go back to his wife and 4 year old) and I'm in shock I think. The realisation of what's happening is starting to sink in and the house suddenly seems very cold and big. I know it's early yet but I don't think that this is going to be a story with a happy ending

I phoned her up and it was as though she was more interested in watching TV or something rather than talking to her husband (who'd started the conversation by saying that I still loved her and wanted her to come home). I'd already decided that I wouldn't beg (if she came back just because of that then it wouldn't be worth coming back). She's never seemed upset, sorry, remorseful or anything and I think that that, coupled with what happened yesterday and the fact that everything seems to have been planned makes me very doubtful that she'll be back ever again. I've asked what she wants (him, me, neither) and she says that she doesn't know and this makes me unable to decide what to do or where to go next. It also makes me even more resigned to the fact that she won't be coming back - if she'd made a 'mistake' then surely she'd know that she still wanted me

What's cutting me up is that she was 'normal' this morning, made my packed lunch and waved me off as usual but then spent all day moving her stuff out of the house (instead of going to work) and never said a thing. She's already arranged somewhere else to live

I know that I'm still trying to come to terms with it but I don't want to be alone again (I spent 3 years alone before and very nearly took the 'cowards way out') and I really want her back. Now I'm staring down the path of loneliness all over again and I'm very scared

oh my word :o I'm so, so sorry TN. Don't have any advice, I'm relieved to hear you have family coming to help, don't hoover unless it helps you.

Sending big hugs to you,

Anna x

Oh gawd, our posts crossed. Again so sorry! Doesn't seem that you have been treated with the respect you deserve! You aren't completely alone as we all are friends here, but I understand what you mean!

Hope you find some answers, sure your mum will help you get back on your feet,

Anna x

Im so sorry this has happened.I dont know what to say really just remember you are not alone and never have to be you have friends here people who truly care.

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

I wrote a rant about people treating others this way but I had to delete it, it wouldn't of helped you just now. Just to say I've been where you are...you'll get through it honestly you will. I hope your family are with you now, let all the emotions out, even if you want time on your own having them in the next room will help I'd think. And unless it helps take your mind of stuff for a short time to heck with the hoovering okay, the dust aint going anywhere. Look after yourself.

thinking of you

Lorraine

TheNeil, almost exactly the same thing happened to one of my brother in laws some years back. Right down to his wife waiting until he'd gone to work and then clearing everything out of the house. A while later he met this woman and fell in love with her and they married. She is a lovely woman and they have a gorgeous little girl who's two now.

Things are bleak now, but you have friends on here and you have your family.

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> It's all been said but I just wanted you to know that I am thinking about you. Take care of yourself because people do care about you. >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Oracle

Guest hallyscomet

So sorry to hear this TN :(

You must be in shock. Give yourself some time out, be gentle with yourself, I found counselling and the church were places I could go when all those questions come flooding in.

Bad things happen to good people and it is so unfair, perhaps there are some hobbies or something down the track you can put your mind to doing, at the moment you probably need lots of rest and vitamins, keep drinking lots of water and try herbal teas like Rosehip it is loaded with Vitamin C it will give you a boost.

Just take one day at a time, if you feel lonely and really need some comfort, reading the Psalms from the bible is a good place to start. Psalm 30, 23, 139 are a few gems in there.

So sorry this has happened to you. Retail therapy can be good too but hopefully your mum will be able to stay for a while, keeping busy is good, but doing absolutely nothing is okay too. Be gentle with yourself.

Thinking of you. :(:)>:D<<'>

H xx

Edited by hallyscomet

Tn

I am sure this is a very hard time for you. It is OK to be upset, confused and angry at a time like this, it's a perfectly natural reaction.

I am sure it doesn't seem possible to you right now. but if you can hang on in there it will get better in time. One day at a time is a wise counsel at a time like this.

Simon

So sorry about this TN, it must have come as a terrible shock to you.

As others have said, take your time with this. Although you want answers straight away so that you can find the right path that's unfortunately not how it will be - your wife needs time to work through her confusion and decide what she wants, and I'm afraid you can't move forward until she's made her decision. It sounds as though you really love her and want her back so please don't give up just yet. I do understand that it would be easier to deal with losing her than not knowing which way to turn (the uncertainty thing) but please try to be patient and not make any rash decisions.

Try to put aside your upset about why she misled you - focus on finding a solution to the problem first and then you can talk through it fully if needs be.

Thinking of you, and hope you're feeling a bit better this morning.

Karen

x

I'm sorry TN - I dont have any advice but wanted you to know I'm thinking of you. No one deserves to be treated that way.

Lynne

Well I didn't kill myself, although after getting only a couple of hours sleep I did think about it briefly. Mrs TheNeil has already phoned me up this morning to make sure that I hadn't done anything 'stupid' (what, like leaving your husband/wife?) and to say that she still hadn't decided what she wanted. Maybe I was reading more into it than was actually there but she sounded sorrier this morning and said that she doesn't know whether it was him of the adrenaline/excitement of having this great 'secret'. I've said that she needs to decide what she wants to do (and when she's done that then I can decide what I want to do)

So today I'll probably live in a fog, go and buy a new duvet (she took ours) and start to work out what to do next. Or maybe I'll just vegetate in front of the TV. Either way work can go and <insert suitable action here>

>:D<<'> morning Neil , I,m so sorry about what has happened to you.Go and buy your new duvet today , you must make yourself carry on .Do you like running?.........go for a run and sprint away the anguish focus your hurt into a physical task it,ll help you sleep tonight if your knackered :D .We are all here for you , don,t forget >:D<<'> Suzex.

Really sorry to hear about this, nothing I can say will make it better, but wanted you to know we're all thinking of you, I've been in the same situation before and it does get easier, but one thing not to do is blame yourself a mistake I made for far too long.

We're all here if you need us >:D<<'>

TN

Make sure you get to the doctors and get signed off with stress. I know your job isn't everything it could be, but you want to leave it at a time of your choosing rather than get yourself into trouble. See if your Mum will come with you.

Simon

You need to think about yourself right now & consider what YOU want. I have been through this. My first hubby had 3 - yes, count 'em - 3 affairs. The first one absolutely devastated me, the second was less of a shock & to be quite honest I was rather grateful for the third cos I really didn't want him any more.

After the first affair he - obviously - came back to me. What happened tho was that I found myself trying to do everything he wanted & being the "perfect" wifey just to keep him. He showed no remorse whatsoever, even tried to make ME feel guilty and tried to make out it was all my fault - if I'd been everything he wanted he wouldn't have looked elsewhere.

What you have to understand is that THIS IS NOT YOUR FAULT. For whatever reason there has been a breakdown in your marriage. Instead of talking it through your wife chose to seek counsel elsewhere. This led to her being closer to this man than she should have been & probably the "excitement" of all this felt wonderful to her.

What she is considering now is this - is it just the excitement that has drawn her to this man, or is it genuine feelings? She needs to look at the relationship that you had together & decide if she had just let things slide. We all do it, we're settled with someone & that initial excitement grows into something (IMO) far more wonderful, but we forget that sometimes long relationships need work too.

My big sis & hubby have just been thru similar (he wandered) and they are working it through & their marriage is stronger as a result. For me, break up was the right answer (and I now have a wonderful hubby & beautiful son & wouldn't change a thing.) Maybe getting back together is the right thing for both of you, maybe it isn't. This could just be a glitch, only you and Mrs TN can resolve this.

You just need to take care of yourself though. Take any help and support that is offered. Remember this is not your fault & you need to act how feels right for you, be true to yourself, after all that's who Mrs TN fell in love with in the first place.

If you want to PM me, please do so. I will help if I can or just listen if you need that.

I think maybe the realisation of what she's done is starting to dawn on Mrs TheNeil. She phoned me this morning (after I'd taken my mum back home) and she said that now that she could see him anytime she wanted to it didn't seem as exciting, and maybe she'd 'made a mistake'

Apparently she'd fancied this bloke and when she left for her new job they swapped phone numbers and she figured that she'd best take a chance. I'm so glad that I don't have these problems and don't feel the need to throw myself at any pretty girl who walks past. In my book that's what marriage is: You chose to be with that person so you don't need/want to look at anyone else

I've said that she still needs to decide what she wants and, if it's me, then we'll need to discuss everything, work out what the 'problem' is and see if we can come up with a workable solution. I also said that if she comes back, there will be certain conditions - the most important being that she doesn't see this man again. Yesterday she 'couldn't promise not to' but today it was more 'of course'. That said, if she decides that she wants to come back, it doesn't automatically mean that I'll have her or welcome her back with open arms

In TheNeil-land I'm managing to regain my focus and know that I can't really do anything until she decides what she wants. Whether she comes back or not though, I'm off to work tomorrow (in an attempt to get some structure/routine back and not sit around being miserable). I've been running (ow) and got myself a new duvet so I think I'll give it a 'test' this afternoon by watching The Bride of Frankenstein on Film4 (yes, I am that sad)