TheNeil

I Need Help

You'll be fine Mel and there's always Sunday to recover - besides which you know more about running than I do so I know you won't do anything stupid...like trying to keep up with the front runners (oh the pain I'm in for trying to do that)! :lol:

Mind you, well done for keeping up with them!!

I took one look out of the window this morning and postponed my four miler until Sunday (*fingers crossed*). I only go on my own anyways, seeing as I'm so slow :dance:

Keep up the good work!

~ Mel ~

Hope you're feeling as well as you can be today TheNeil. Can I hijack this thread to ask a question? There's a sort of common land/country bit next to Harrogate quite close to Oatlands Drive that begins with H. Please remind me what it was. I used to have to do cross country there in secondary school and I'm trying to recall it.

Hope you're feeling as well as you can be today TheNeil. Can I hijack this thread to ask a question? There's a sort of common land/country bit next to Harrogate quite close to Oatlands Drive that begins with H. Please remind me what it was. I used to have to do cross country there in secondary school and I'm trying to recall it.

I'm not doing too good. This might be because I was feeling all alone last night or it could be because I went to my mum's yesterday and just got utterly depressed at the awfulness that is now Redcar (near Middlesbrough) and her constant attempts to put all of societies woes down to immigrants <sigh>. Maybe it was because Mrs Neil came round yesterday morning or maybe it was because I had to find the marriage certificate to send to the solicitor or maybe... Whatever. I'm a bit mopey today

As for the bit of common/public land near Oatlands Drive you probably mean The Stray (aka 'Two Hundred Acre' according to my handy Harrogate guide). But as that doesn't start with a 'H' I'll say 'Harrogate Stray' :D

Oh TN, sorry your abit down today, it's bound to catch up with you! First you are on adrenilin and then disbelief, like a greiving process, now it's becoming real and permanent! I'm sure gradually things will be happier, I know you want to meet someone else down the line so remember she's out there somewhere waitng to meet you! Also you have a new (or old,revisited) interest and are making new friends at work.

At the risk of sounding even soppier, from the posts you have made I think you are a warm, kind, funny and very loyal man and I'm sure things will become much better for you soon!

Anna x

Sorry you're not feeling so good :(. Remember it's still early days.

It's not the Stray, but don't worry, I'll ask my parents what it was :).

You'll get good days and you'll get bad days. That is normal and healthy. One bad day does not mean that every day will be bad.

You'll get good days and you'll get bad days. That is normal and healthy. One bad day does not mean that every day will be bad.

I know, and I knew that the weekend would be tough. I think having got the solicitor's letter and having to start those particular wheels in motion made me wonder if I'd been a bit hasty etc. I phoned Mrs Neil this morning to see how she felt but her phone was on the blink so I went round...at exactly the same time he went round :angry: . Didn't acknowledge him or pay him any attention at all

Although I'd had doubts, Mrs Neil hadn't but I'd wanted to check that she wasn't feeling forced into doing anything just because it was 'the right thing to do'. The fact that he we there kind of answered that question though

I've spent the rest of the day building a new guinea pig run (nothing like power tools for getting rid of that pent up anger) and the little <insert rude word here> refused to go in it :wacko:. Thankfully Brazil beat Argentina so at least one good thing happened

Edited by TheNeil

Hiya Neil just been reading your thread and must say i really do feel for you. Even though you seem to have your bad days (like we all do) you havent lost your sense of humour.

Plenty more fish in the sea hunny. I think relationships are too complicated for most of us NT or ASD.

I hope the guinea pigs enjoy their new run, it seems that you are determined to get them running too!

Good luck and take care

:dance: hi , how are things going this week??..............hope your doing o.k. and still on a positive note.Still doing the running??

Sorry I haven,t posted up sooner to say hi , but its been busy this end, rabbit going to heaven, youngest starting primary and oldest starting high school.Really hope your o.k.suzex

Been very busy this week so haven't really had much time to do much posting (been kind of sporadic) but I haven't killed myself and I am still eating properly :lol:

Got a bit depressed at the weekend but picked myself up and have stuck with the running (another 8 miles last night but 7 minutes faster this week - as if anyone actually cares). Mrs Neil phoned up just as I'd decided to give her a computer (I'm nice like that and I know that she has an internet bank account and used to use iTunes a lot) and said that she missed talking to me but that he got jealous whenever I was mentioned. You can imagine how I really felt bad about that (as if). Sunday had apparently caused problems as he'd wanted to know what I was doing there when he turned up. He sounds like a right charmer he really does. He's right though as it is very strange that a man might want to talk to his wife or actually have things to discuss with her at a time like this :huh:

The guineas have gotten over Mrs Neil leaving (as have the budgies) but have now decided that squealing at the top of their little voices to attract attention (and by 'attention' I mean 'food') is perfectly acceptable as is running away whenever I need to go out

:lol: I,m glad you havent lost your humour and wit amidst this trauma you,ve had.Any plans for the weekend,??.......... were off to try and get 2 more bunnies, fingers-crossed.The chickens are settling well and happily trot over for food when the see you.

This running lark sounds like good medicine.................improving on your times aswell........you show off :lol: Bye for now Suzex

:lol: I,m glad you havent lost your humour and wit amidst this trauma you,ve had.Any plans for the weekend,??.......... were off to try and get 2 more bunnies, fingers-crossed.The chickens are settling well and happily trot over for food when the see you.

This running lark sounds like good medicine.................improving on your times aswell........you show off :lol: Bye for now Suzex

I didn't have much before Mrs Neil left and many would say that I'm a humourless <insert rude word here> but it keeps me going and I can't change how I am...the most inappropriate (and often hilarious) comment will always pop out at the most inappropriate time

I was hoping to do not much at the weekend but...the lawn needs mowing and I have to try to figure out what's a weed (i.e. needs pulling out) and what's not a weed (i.e. doesn't), I have to get to the bank before they shut (grr), a bloke from the running club wants me to go out running with him on Sunday ("An easy run - probably 10 miles" - oh he's a card he is :huh:), the car needs washing, the house needs cleaning, the washing and ironing needs doing, the guineas need entertaining (a full time job in itself), I have three (stupidly obsure) DVD cases to design and create, Mrs Neil wants me to setup her computer (without offending him), I've got to do my weight training (twice), I have two computers to clean... Thankfully I'm going to Sainsbury's tonight so that's one thing off the list (no idea what I'm buying by the way, and I'll probably just walk up and down the aisles for a couple of hours and then get home to find out that I've bought something 'useful' like tampons or Tofu)

Enjoy the bunnies but I'm figuring that you either have a farm that needs populating or are building some sort of ark and know something about the weather that the rest of us don't :D

Edited by TheNeil

TN are you really going to do all of those things.Were you always so domesticated ?If yes OH does not know a good thing.My OH can only dream of finding somone to do most of those jobs. :D:D:D Regards Karen

:lol: you have a very dry sense of humour which I think is great.My hubbies is very similar :rolleyes: .Talk about a busy boy........wow.........where do you get your energy ........your not ADHD aswell are you :o (sorry :P )..............and going for a run with a chap from the club..........10 miles no less :notworthy: .

On the subject of me :D farm........it was always my dream to have animals .........a bit of a small holding.I,m hoping for a goat next year and a pony :dance: .Oh and we hope the dog will be having puppies at christmas.She,s a rare breed polish lowland sheepdog , and both her parents were polish dogs so I really want to keep her line going.Anyway I,m off to put he chickens to bed.........byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I'm not sure I like this implication that I might not be domesticated :huh:

So far after leaving work I have already mowed the lawn (and edged it) with the reasoning being that if I was up early then I wouldn't be able to as it might annoy the neighbours...so now I can just do the weeding which is a quiet job. Also been to Sainsbury's and nearly had a meltdown - why oh why was every annoying person and their dog in that shop tonight? After being barged out of the way by a man mountain who had the added bonus of being a loud American (apologies to any un-loud Americans by the way - have a nice day and all that jazz), they had no semi-skimmed milk, no torpedo rolls, and the scanny-weighy thing didn't have kiwi fruit listed so I ended up putting it back and desperately trying to keep out of everyone else's way - AARRGGHH

And yes I have always been this domesticated - I think it could be the AS as Mrs Neil couldn't understand why I simply had to clean the house on a Saturday morning and that leaving it until Sunday was tantamount to treason. It was me who hoovered, cleaned the guineas, washed the car and cooked (half the time anyway) so now just got to do a bit more but it's all coming flooding back from my days of living on my own - while ironing shirts isn't exactly fun, it doesn't really take too long :wacko: . I wish I was ADHD as I'm <insert rude word here> at the moment and it might explain why, being a 'fun time Friday night' I'm aiming to be in bed by about 9:00 - yes it's non-stop partying 'round here

On the subject of your farm Suze, I'm expecting that everyone on the forum will be offered a discount on free range eggs and all that sort of farmyard stuff. Any chance you could buy a couple of cows as I just fancy a good old fashioned Sunday roast :lol: