Sign in to follow this  
Flora

14 yo babysitting

Hi all.

As it's legal (I think :unsure: ) for 14 year olds to babysit, I'm leaving my very sensible and mature 14 yo daughter to babysit tonight!!! I've been invited out to some friends' house for tapas for a 'thank you' as I'm feeding their animals when they are away next week and thought I'd give the teenage babysitting a go. The boys are all in their pj's and she has her phone glued to her so I can ring every so often :lol:

Please everyone pray that it goes well. :pray:

I'm only 1 minute round the corner so I can be home as quick as jack flash, but it's still a bit scary.

Flora (on the raz) :D:pray:

Have a fantastic time Flora :D You deserve it......great way to give the babysitting a trial run too :thumbs:

Have you had to make payment in advance though? :lol::lol: My ds is nearly 13 and is already asking how much he'll be paid when he's old enough to babysit in a few years.... :rolleyes:

Take care and enjoy ;)

Have a lovely and worry free evening - the first of many to come, I hope (once you've negotiated a fee that meets her approval and leaves you enough to go out on!) - eat some Tapas for me, but no olives thanks ('I don't think i like 'em, Fred' - Anyone else remember that ad, or am i the only very young person with an extremely good memory around here? :lol::lol::lol: )

Have a good one, just relax and go with the flow, flo! :P

L&P

BD :D>:D<<'>

Edited by baddad

As it's legal (I think :unsure: )

just a quicky on this one, apparently despite popular belief there is no legal age limit to how old someone has to be to babysit because its not enforceable, for instance, if you send your 8 year old and 4 year old out to the park across the road together are you letting your 8 year old babysit ?

But if you leave your child with any child under the age of 18 you are still legally responsible, so if you are satisfied that a child is old enough to look after your child then you can leave them but you are still ultimatly responsible for them

:thumbs::thumbs:

Well, I got home to a quiet house. Checked on them all and they are still alive and fast asleep. (thank god for melatonin which I popped to Bill before leaving). I was on the phone about 4 times but sensed the irritation in DD's voice which was very reasuring IYKWIM.

I'm ?9 the poorer (negotiated babysitting fee) but hey it was well worth it for some fantastic food and company courtesy of my organic horsey neighbours and some flippin' good wine and a couple of pims before hand :clap:

Floramorey (spanish for Flora :lol: )

Happy headache!!

From one 'one pot screamer' to another, i hope baccus is good to you in the morning...

L&P

BD :D>:D<<'>

ho hum! I've taken a zinc capsule and eaten a banana and now drinking loadsa water.

I'll let you know if it works :jester:

:robbie: g'nite :lol:

ho hum! I've taken a zinc capsule and eaten a banana and now drinking loadsa water.

I'll let you know if it works :jester:

:robbie: g'nite :lol:

Bananas at bedtime?? All those carbs!! :P:lol::lol::lol:

nnight, florrie :D