Sign in to follow this  
CarolJ

Blood test results

I asked for referral to gastroenterlogist about scotties dirroeah etc.

had bloods taken (twice) in May. yesterday heard the results.

I wanted to acertain if scott had food intolerances to gluten and casein.

Consultant said there was no evidence of coelic disease. This means I will not be able to get prescriptions for g/f food.

I said about "leaky gut" and peptides. He basically called this "bad science". I said to him about testing for peptide levels and about the successes many parents had had on the g/f+c/f diet. He just said there is no evidnece!

I said would he recommend me removing g and c from diet. He said no!

Okay, since it took so long for results I am not convinced of this. It seems homeopathy is my next stop to test for intolerances. Or should I insist on another test! Maybe I need to ask them to look for something else!

Has anyone else's child had to have a test done by NHS in order to get prescriptions for food?

It is common for doctors to say only confirmed celiacs can get GF food on prescription. Mine said this at first. You can't force them to give it to you (although it is all available to buy - expensive though), but you can attempt to persuade as you have done. To be honest the only testing I know of that is worth doing is the test they do at Sunderland (search for Sunderland Protocol and you'll soon find it).

I would try asking for a referral to a dietician. They may also not be receptive but will provide advice about how to safely persue a GFCF diet if you show them you are determined to do it.

Good luck. I hope the diet helps.

Kinesiology is another way to determine intolerances. The therapist found T was intolerant to wheat (which I didn't suspect) and to milk (which I suspected, but which she said would be unlikely!).

Karen