forbsay

Neighbour

Yes, the doorbell rang tonight - neighbour complaining. My son had looked in her garden............ :blink: he sometmes climbs on the seat in OUR garden and looks over the fence.......... Hubby was in shock and then told her that we were tired of her cats coming into our garden.

Think there are bigger problems in the world than someone looking into a garden.

Moan over

Forbsay

Yes, the doorbell rang tonight - neighbour complaining. My son had looked in her garden............ :blink: he sometmes climbs on the seat in OUR garden and looks over the fence.......... Hubby was in shock and then told her that we were tired of her cats coming into our garden.

Think there are bigger problems in the world than someone looking into a garden.

Moan over

Forbsay

OMG

I'd ask Oh so your coming over to see if he's alright after seeing such a sight?

or Well that will be 50p for knocking on my door, how much do you charge for just looking at your stuff?

or how do you know? were you looking at my son? - quick call the police!

or I'd call my son down ask him did you look in Mrs So and So's garden - yes - did you see anything interesting, marjuna plants, anything juicy?

or omg isn't it really bad that kids have such a sense of curiosity about their environments these days - I don't know what the schools are teaching them, they should know to walk about with their heads down and ignore everything and everyone around them and just focus on themselves.

or wow thanks for telling me it's good to know you wanted to share his growing curiosity with me I'll treasure the memory I hope you do too.

or I asked him to look to see if your cats just use my garden as toilet or if they do it over at home too!!!

or he was just making sure your wandering cats got home safely -were you coming to reward him for being such a considerate lad?

I'm not surprised your hubby was shocked - In reality I'd probably mumble oh ok I'll tell him not to do that again bye!! then I'd fume about it for months...well done to your hubby for quickly pointing out her cats trespassing ...did she say anything about the cats?

hope things don't get really bad between you though I hate not getting on with the neighbours - thank goodness the last ones moved!

take care

Lorraine

dear me! your son has every right to look out his own garden it is a free world after all! can't believe she had the nerve to come to the door and moan about that! silly women, I would have just laughed at her! I would more anoyed with the cats too!

she said that if the cats came into our garden then we should just say "shoo" to them. Must admit that is not one of the expressions that I would use................. :huh:

stupid woman.

I hope our neighbours aren't like your sons although we have probs with a few of them but our garden backs on to at least 6 other gardens, we're in big trouble if they all take the approach ur neighbours have done.

Glad ur hubby stuck the bit in about the cats, silly old bat ask her if she's gonna come and tell you everytime, she'll soon get bored of it when she realises that he's not bothered by getting asked or told not to look over.

My son seems to have this prob with 1 of our particular neighbours, funny how they seem to forget their ball always being kicked over when their kids were younger and they were always looking over the fence for it.

:lol:

Edited by Montee to comply with forum rules

Edited by Montee

How sad. She clearly has nothing better to do in life. Perhaps she needs to install a higher fence. You should all start looking over the fence.

she said that if the cats came into our garden then we should just say "shoo" to them. Must admit that is not one of the expressions that I would use................. :huh:

I used to have a Bantam Rooster who would attempt, and in one case succeeded, to kill any cat that came into the garden. Geese do an even better job of it. I recommend them to anyone.

Totally 100% agree with everything that has been said however the following is for real and has happened it was actually last year and there was a huge stink but the ASBO stands.

Oracle

A 15-year-old boy with Asperger Syndrome and no criminal convictions whatsoever was ASBOed last month in a court in the South West with a condition that he was not to look over and stare into his neighbours? garden. Apparent the neighbours went to the police because the behaviour was persistent, the police then applied for an ASBO and the ASBO was granted. He is now prohibited from staring over his neighbours? fence. The court was aware of the condition. He was not known to the Youth Offending Team because of the absence of offences, so they were not in court. Asperger Syndrome is a form of autism that affects the way that an individual can communicate. Among some of the traits are: difficulty in communicating; difficulty in social relationships; lack of imagination and creative play. People with Asperger Syndrome love routines and often find change upsetting.

What a strange thing to complain about..... :wacko::wacko: I wish all I had to complain about was a kiddie next door looking into my garden :rolleyes: Big deal ....good on your hubby for bringing up the subject of her cats, my garden is always full of cat poo, drives me up the wall, especially when it ends up being trailed thru my house. I'd do more than say shoo if I saw the cat responsible (sorry cat lovers :whistle: ). TBH I'd be regularly knocking on her door now whenever her cat was in the garden...erm, but thats me :devil::lol::lol:

Maybe she has something to hide. Maybe she was topless sunbathing (hey I don't know). Maybe she should 'get a life'. Who knows

Although we can see that it's no big thing in the grand scheme of things, to her, depending on how often it happens etc., she could feel intimidated or maybe even as though she's being stalked. I'm not trying to defend her or cast aspertions but just trying to look at it from another perspective

Personally (and I know I'm not a great example of anything) I'd just keep my head down and do everything I could to avoid confrontation but that could be the AS kicking in

Weve a fence round our back garden and i think nothing of standing on my garden bench to nosey into my neighboures garden and say what yer up to and vica versa with them.No one bothers.Its called life.She sounds a right misery guts.

Next she'll be saying he was breathing her air.

hi paula.i think its a bit extreme to come and tell you that your child is loooooking into her garden.she might just be very odd herself.the question is does this lady have a problem with kids with disability.is she going to make your life miserable.maybe she doesnt have a life and notices every single thing.nosey neighbour syndrome.i dont think it is reasonable to complain to you about such a small thing.but then it may be its a big thing to her.try not to fall out with her hun its not really worth it.love noogsy(she is being very odd though)

some people have got nowt better to do i mean as if!! Id probably try and keep the peace but she sounds like the type of lady who is just looking for something to complain about.

Hi

For goodness sake - your son is a little boy! He's really not doing any harm at all. It's not a crime to look! He's not stalking them, staring at them all the time, etc. What sad little lives your neighbours must have to be complaining about that.

Neighbours, who needs them? Wish I could put up an 8 foot barbed-wire fence around my garden!!!

Chin up. Like I say, what sad little lives they must have to be worrying about that.

Caroline.

People really amaze me :o

they must have so little going on in their lives and so little to worry about to have such major issues with a child LOOKING over their fence, its not like he was blooming climbing over is it?

Also that case of the 15 year old lad is so sad too, are they able to appeal or anything?

Also that case of the 15 year old lad is so sad too, are they able to appeal or anything?

This was actually debated in the House of Commons. Both BIBIC and NAS took it up but BIBIC ran with it because this is sadly not an isolated case and just shows what can happen. BIBIC have taken this so seriously that they launched a national campaign about the issue - you can find details here

http://www.bibic.org.uk/newsite/general/campaigns2.htm as I have said this is not an isolated incident and all it takes is one nasty neighbour talking to one Policeman that knows nothings about ASD and............

It made the news at the time but as far as I know no matter what anyone has done the ASBO stood - but I can not be 100% sure about that.

Oracle

Edited by oracle

WAT A NIGHTMARE I THOUGHT THIS WAS A FREE WORLD NEIGHBOURS REALLY GET UP MY NOSE!! MY NEIGHBOUR REPORTED ME TO THE NSPCC AND THE OTHERSIDE COMPLETLY IGNORE US AND GO BACK INSIDE IF WE GO IN THE GARDEN

>:D<<'> omg! has she nothing better to do!. our son is always looking in our neighbours garden - they wave at him and he looks away lol. stupid woman.

Moan over

Forbsay

All I can say is good job she doesn't live in our house-one of Londons bus routes passes our house-if we complained about all the people who had a look in the garden we would be busy. :huh::huh: Karen