jomarie

Holidays

Hi all, I'm after a bit of advice, we're planning a holiday for next year & are hoping to go to Center Parcs. Has anyone any experience of how good they are for taking an AS child to? I'm just wondering with regards to the clubs & things they run, as M will be 10 by then & may want to join in such things.

Is it ok to just go or is it worth getting in touch with them in advance? Any advice greatly appreciated :D

:D

No advice on center parks sorry.

But i just wanted to bump up the topic incase someone else has.Im certaine loads on here have visited centre parks i saw posts about it recently.

Hi

I've been to centerparcs many times - it's a protected and organised environment, where activities are predictable and everyone's very nice. My son got to grips with the layout, and felt able to explore on his own (once he knew how to get back). He's confident to go to the sweet shop or playground with his brother (my AS son is 12, and we've been going to 3 of the centerparcs for the last 8/9 years).

You have to pick and chose the activities to suit your child - but you're always welcome to attend and supervise if you like. They will take your mobile phone number if you like. The staff at the sports and other activities are well-trained - although I doubt they've got much autism-specific knowledge. However, Centreparcs is very popular with families of disabled children, so they are used to a wide range of children. I wouldn't have any hesitation talking to Centreparcs (either in advance or when you're there) about how they meet special needs.

I'd recommend you give it a try - it's not cheap, but we've had some great holdiays there.

Elanor

hi paula we have taken our wee boy to oasis whinfell i think it is in cumbria and he loved it.he coped really well with the whole thing.advice hmmmmmm get your bikes sorted out first(for everyone who will be cycling)its not very expensive i think about ?20.00 per person somthing like that...they have we trailer things for younger kids that cant cycle fun for the kids agony for the grown ups legs...if you are going to be cycling do a bit of practice cos it is agony on the bum too... lol...and if you want to do extra activities book early cos more often than not you get there and everything can be busy...because it is self catering take your lunch or supper with you for when get there it saves stress.take glue and a screwdriver they can be handy.lol(my hubby managed to pull of a kitchen cabinet handle when we arrived)god i cant take him anywhere.if you take animal food like nuts you can put them outside you living room window and watch the bird and squirrels and rabbits they expect to be fed...lol....my little lad(who has asd) enjoys centre parks....he yeeeeeehhhhhhsss round the house if he finds out we are going.are we going yet?are we going yet? when are we going?are we going tomorrow?are we going yet?..have a great holiday hun im sure you will enjoy it.....................love noogsy

>:D<<'> not tried center parcs, we go to butlins but its too noisy for some, think center parcs is more sedate.

ive been to centre parcs not with the family but with the people i support who have severe learning difficulties and it was brilliant i would deffinetly go with the family lots of open space and plenty to ndo just found abit expensive but when i get the money together we would go good luck