Sign in to follow this  
Suze

so excited

For my birthday I asked for 2 chickens and 2 rabbits , and they came yesterday :dance: .Can,t tell you how lovely they are :wub: .The chickens are called pepper and snowy, and they are very friendly.They are just getting used to the run for a few days and then I,ll let them have a free run.Chooks come back to the hen house to roost at sunset , they are very independent little birds.They,ve been eating raisins out of my hand today and they let you pick them up and stroke them, there lovely.The rabbits :robbie::robbie: are gorgeous too , 2 females called misty and lizzie.Lizzie is a lion haired cross so she,s got lots of long fur on her head and tummy.They are so sweet they,ve been inside with me most of the day getting loads of cuddles.I,m so excited it was always my dream to have lots of animals,so far we,ve got a budgie, a dog, a hamster called pepperoni, 2 chooks and 2 rabbits.In the spring I,m on the lookout for a pygmy goat so if anyone knows anywhere I can get one from let me know :rolleyes: .Can,t wait and in a few weeks we should be having our own free range eggs...............rock on !!

Chickens? Rabbits? Goat?!?!?!? You're going to tell us that you live in a high rise flat next aren't you?

Good luck with that lot Farmer Suze :lol:

:dance: hey Sojourned.........that looks strangely like a Pekin Bantam ..........love em, lovely little birds, to tell the truth I,d hoped for Pekins, but I,m really chuffed with snowy and pepper :D .

Suze

What lovely presents.... I bet you're not the only one chuffed to bits by them :wub: Are your children enjoying having your new additions insitu?

They sound gorgeous >:D<<'>

Flora XX

Edited by Flora

AHA!!!! Leave a bag full of fivers in the bin by the roundabout Tuesday morning at six or i pass on your details to Colonel Sanders and Elmer Fudd!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Seriously, hun, it all sounds very 'River Cottage' - eat your heart out Huge Sternfaced-Twittingbull (on second thoughts, he's the guy who made placenta pate on daytime TV, so he might take 'eat your heart out' as a recipe suggestion :o:unsure::unsure: ). Pygmy Goats? Is them good eatin'?? I've heard the crackling from a pot bellied pig's simply heavenly!!

We'll stick to Ben's fish, the occassional visit from Sluggy McSlug, and happy memories of Dibley The Christmas Cat (all join in with the chorus please!) for now, but we'll deffo come and visit your petting zoo when it opens (obligatory freezing-cold outdoor tap with 'wash your hands after handling animals' sign beneath... Thinks: If you cuddle a chook and then stroke a rabbit do you risk cross contamination? Sorry, too many years of ben's GF/DF diet coming to the fore there!)

Enjoy your prezzies, and i hope the Birthday was great for all the other right reasons too...

L&P (and you're still a spring chicken! :bounce::bounce: )

BD :D

:( Misty our little grey rabbit died at the vets this afternoon, I fear she had a digestive infection, sadly we decieded to take lizzie our other rabbit back to the breeder we got them both from.We buried misty in the garden :crying: under the apple tree.I confess I cried she was such a sweet bunny, my dd was choked up.

Aw Suze >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> how awful for you. Thinking about you because pets are one of the family too.

Oracle

Edited by oracle

:( I was a bit choked up when I saw the breeder...........................Lizzie would need to be kept on her own for a few weeks in case she had contracted whatever misty had died from.Because we wanted a couple of rabbits(they like company), we decieded it best to take her back to the breeder as if we kept her quarantined for a few weeks and then introduced a new baby rabbit to her they may not have got on .Lizzie would have been 12 wks old then and a new rabbit about 8weeks , the vet also said we could have problems introducing her to a new rabbit.So thats why she went back :( .I,m disinfecting the hutch tomorrow :( .

aw hun :(>:D<<'> >:D<<'>

So sorry :(

Don't know if this is helpful, but years ago we kept a rabbit who died of a bowel problem... the vet told us this is quite a common complaint in rabbits, particularly dwarf varieties. Don't know if that's hlpful, but it might be reassuring re lizzy

L&P

BD :(>:D<<'>