Sign in to follow this  
hev

a smelly problem

no,i dont smell!! katie wet bed last night and now her room stinks of wee,ive washed quilts,air freshner,plug in air freshner and it still smells,got mum in law sleeping tomorrow night and i want the smell to go,mum in law sleeps in katies bed,any good tips on what i can clean the matress with?

keep the sheets smelling fresh by placing a fabric softener sheet under the blanket or bedspread. Also clean it with bicarb of soda.:dance:

Edited by Siadwell

vinegar neutralises the smell of wee dilute it and give matteress a scrub, dry off then sprinkle with bicarbonate soda and hoover off it works.

I've always spritzed the mattress with an anti-bac spray, then scrub and air. Then, I turn the mattress over :devil: Also works for :sick:

Does Katie have a waterproof sheet under her normal sheet...they normally cope with most accidents and protect the mattress.

Boho :dance:

i tried the vinegar one and it really works :notworthy::notworthy: smells really fresh in there now,i knew one of you lot would help,i need to get a waterproof sheet now

I would have thought bi-carb would be your best bet for now. For future use - you don't see many 'urine odour' removal products on our cleaning products shelves but you can get umpteen - Pet urine odour removers from pet shops. Maybe that would help.

Mike

I was going to say one of those fresh sprays, the one that eliminates odours but you have all got such better ideas. Ones i shall be keeping noted! :lol:

I use 2 waterproof sheets on my sons bed at a time, vinegar does work but I ended up investing in a vax (and new mattress every few months)

Edited by lil_me