Sign in to follow this  
hev

back to school on wednesday

My daughter goes back Tuesday - and as much as I'd love to be able to say I can't wait - I can - I'm absolutely dreading it - she'll be in Yr9 and probably won't go Tuesday because we have so many issues that the school haven't sorted out during the summer hols as promised.

Good luck to everyone whose kids are going back, especially those changing schools.

Take care,

Jb

Tom starts at the Special Nursery next Monday. It was supposed to be this coming Thursday but the building is still having work done on it (it's being shifted to a different location in the school).

They've got lots of experience of ASD children so I'm torn between letting them get on with things or writing them a list of things that he does to help them. They did give me a questionaire to fill in asking how he communicated for example, so it wouldn't be a huge shock to them, but I worry about appearing patronising.

And I have to admit I think if I don't tell them the things I do to keep him pottering along at first then they'll be able to see the extent of his difficulties. Also, they could have better methods than me and be able to give me some tips.

Edited by Bullet

wedensday too for me, got a very nervous 11 yr old starting secondary school, and Tom who hates the new term. what joy!

Little p is back at school on tuesday and I really dont want her to go!

There will be a new support assistant and a new class teacher and although I am trying to be open minded about the new support i feel it after meeting her shes one that talks the talk but thats it.

Trying to be open minded but it aint working!

steve back at school this wednesday

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::band::groupwave::party::clap::cheers:

not that im looking foward to it of course!! :lol::lol:

You're soooooooooooo lucky, I wish I could feel like that. I'm dreading it, from my son's point of view and from my own. :( I've lost confidence in the poeple looking after him to do a good and fair job and to be kind to him and I just hate the whole experience of him being in the Unit he is. I wish I'd never sent him there!! :crying:

~ Mel ~

Mine are back on Tuesday. I hate to say this, because I know school isn't always a happy place for them, especially DS1 who has been saying he hates school all summer, but for purely selfish reasons, I can't wait!!!!!

I've been under house arrest all summer. It's anarchic when the three boys get together, no one listens to me, I spend all my time as a referee and on constant alert, the holiday was stressful and awful and I JUST NEED TO BE AWAY FROM MY KIDS FOR A BIT!!!

Sorry, rant over. I love them all to bits but this summer has nudged me just that bit closer to breakdown.

I always worry what the new year will bring for the boys, I'm worrying especially about DS1 who has just been turned down for statutory assessment. Cynical, I know, but I even kind of hope he'll kick off at school on tuesday just the way he has every day in the holidays, so at last they can see what he's going through.

Ho hum. Saying things like that makes me feel like a Bad Mum. Anyone else going through this anguish?

Lizzie :(

Hi,

Kai goes back on Tuesday and i CAN'T WAIT :party::party::dance::dance: !

I've really had enough now and he's driving me round the bend. All routine has gone to pot and he's just running riot round the house whilst i have my head stuck down the loo with morning sickness :sick: .

I am a bit worried though b/c he always finds the transition from holiday to school hard.

Good luck everyone,

Loulou xx

im really really hoping that steves behaviour improves this term,ive paid for him to go on a school trip to paris in sept and they are debating whether or not he can go,his behaviour last term was awful ,more off being suspended than in school so im keeping my fingers crossed that this term will be better :wacko:

Our two dd's go back on Tuesday and our son on Wednesday. I was really looking forward to youngest dd (5) going back, shes been so difficult to cope with these hols unless we do things seperately, but now its nearly here, I'm kinda feeling abit sad :( She's excited about going back, but there are lots of changes in store for her, new class, new teacher, new assistant, new classmates (but a few from her previous class too)...so, I'm waiting with baited breath to see what affect it all has on her. Last September they tried her in this class and she became so agitated and unsettled that they moved her back into another one she was familiar with. She wants continuous attention at home, and I have found that draining if I'm honest. She also tends to want to completely control the environment she's in...which has led to lots of confrontation with our eldest two children and me continually trying to calm everyone down and us feeling we are living this regimented life where everything has to be done "just so". Also our summer holiday was a disaster and we had to return after two nights, but we have had some really successful days out which has been great. For purely selfish reasons, I am looking forward to the peace, quiet and being able to have "me" time....but I know as soon as I put her on the school bus on Tuesday morning I will spend the day worrying about weather she is ok... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

DD8 goes back tomorrow and she has already reminded me about her homelink book etc. The staff in her class has changed slightly, new LSA'S and a new speech therapist (to the class, but not to the school).

DD7 starts at her new junior school on Wednesday. Hoping that will go ok and no back lash from her old school. However am annoyed that she's starting to school without amended statement as the lazy :angry: of an educcational psychologist, still hasn't read the private EP report and agreed to the recommendations. She has had the report for over 2 months, but going by her past standards when writing reports it will be another month. :angry::angry:

DS2 has been at his nursery the whole summer (3x a week sure start). But he has got some people HOPEFULLY coming in next week to see him. The "incusion" officer and finally his :angry: speech therapist and paed. Does anyone think that he's actually going to recieve some actually speech therapy off them before he turns 3 at the end of October?? I so feel that i have let him down.

:D:D:D:D:D:party::party::party::party:

My son would have been back to school on Tuesday but typical hes to go to the hospital for his pre operative checks.So hes back on Wednesday.................

Thank bloomeing god.................. Hes done my bloomeing head in....................But i love him and will miss him but itll be a bloomeing good miss.

Ive the cyber champagne on ice hev.............. well pop the cork wednesday about 10 am..............