Frangipani

Australias Crocodile Hunter

Well he was never likely to die with his feet up by the fire and a cup of cocoa in his hand, was he?

Mad bloke, I can hardly say I'm surprised, but sad all the same.

Karen

x

:crying::crying:

Im realy upset about this.

Me and the kids loved watching steve urwin he had such enthusiasm and knowledge and i thought he was great.

My thoughts are with his wife,his little daughter and all the staff who worked with him at Australia Zoo.

I hope he is at peace.

:(

I saw the News Flash on television this morning and I rang the ABC as I couldnt believe what I thought I heard, just the tail end of it.

It is tragic. His poor wife hasnt been told yet, and its all over the media :crying:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/sto...ernational/home

There are only 3 fatalities recorded in Australian history.

We often see Marine enthusiast swimming with them and they are really placid perhaps those in captivity are more placid. Maybe not so out in the wild.

Apparently as hit penetrated his chest it caused a heart attack, he died on the way to the hospital.

He was a good bloke :tearful: I know he did some silly things but he had a big heart and was a very proud dad.

B)

Edited by Frangipani

Ive seen it on the news they have managed to contact his wife.................

Ive had a cry this morning i know its daft but i feel sick inside.

The kids are also in shock.We all in our house absolutley adored steve,we loved watching him on tv,we always watched his programmes,we loved seing australia zoo on the tv and thought every one who appeared on the show who worked there were great.

I know i didnt know the man persoanly but i fealt like i knew him from years of watching him.

Im sure he wouldnt want anyone to take against stingrays just doing what they do liveing there life in the wild.

Just a tragic acident the stingray must have been taken unawares perhaps.

I cant believe he has gone. I thought he was indestructable, a lovely man.

I always thought stingrays were docile animals. When we visited Seaworld they had a huge pool full of stingrays and people were encouraged to stroke them as they floated by.

:( aw such a shame,a real nice bloke,bit of a nutter but thats why he was loved,my nephew was a big fan,im sure it will upset him today,RIP steve x

I just heard about this, very sad :(

R.I.P

I always thought stingrays were docile animals. When we visited Seaworld they had a huge pool full of stingrays and people were encouraged to stroke them as they floated by.

those would have been manta rays, they belong to the same family but dont have a sting.

I think its incredibly sad. I think he's one of those celebs that people really took to their hearts because he seemed such a genuine bloke.

:-(

Lynne x

I can scarcely believe it's real, after all the times he's said things like "This ######'s one of the most venemous snakes in the world, now I've got it cornered I'm going to poke it with a stick!" you wouldn't have thought it possible for him to die.

I guess I can cross 'Meet Steve Irwin' off my list of things to do in Oz..

it seem the sting rays don,t normally pose a threat, and there have only been 3 recorded deaths like this.The ray raised it,s tail like a scorpion and he was stung through his wet suit near his heart.I fel so sad for his wife and family , I know he has a young son.He was a great character who introduced many to wild animals , my kids in particular loved to watch him.So sad :(

My son played Steve Irwin in one of our Pantomimes and he went down a storm wrestling a croc and doing all of Steves Famous lines. The whole audience loved it and everyone knew him here.

It's so very sad he was a BIG man and will be missed by millions around the world. :(

Oracle

Edited by oracle

:crying: It is the most shocking news i've heard in along while. :crying::crying:

Everyone in my household loves Steve Irwin and his enthusiasm was just contagious. :crying: I have been in shock all day.

In April my husband youngest son and i were lucky enough to visit Australia Zoo. I was so excited at the prospect we might see him there, everyone who had been before kept telling us, "You'll be disappointed, he's not always there, we've never seen him!" but it was close to Easter and little Bindi was rehearsing a show called "Bindi and the Croc Men" we sat and watched while she went through the routines and were lucky enough to see Terri and Steve. It made my day, my trip.......

A truly sad day, and my thoughts are with his family i can't imagine how they must be feeling. :crying:

I couldnt really believe it when i read it this morning what a shock.If he was going to be killed i thought before i read it that a croc had killed him.My heart goes out to his family he will be missed by a lot of people he was a truly nice guy.

lynn

Hi, >:D<<'>

They had a lot of tributes to his life last night on most of the local television programs. He was larger than life a bit of a larrikin, you couldnt help but laugh. I often would sit and watch a program of his and not realise 45 mins had just gone by, :lol::lol: he would have you so engrossed in what he was doing, time would fly by.

He certainly had you sitting on the edge of your chair. Or in fits of laughter. He said his sisters said he was a real little naughty boy as a kid, and his daughter used to love him telling him his naughty boy stories before sleep at night. I imagine he was a real handful. His parents owned a Wildlife park in Queensland, so he grew up with this passion.

Ron & Valerie Taylor were interviewed as they are Australias top Marine Biologists and they used to swim with the sharks the big white pointers and Tiger sharks and film them underwater. Valerie said her son was stung by the barb of a baby Black Stingray, and she said the pain travelled up his leg really fast and was unbearable pain that he had to have morphine. She said and the one that stung Steve was a fully grown one, so he didnt have a chance, penetrated a hole in his heart according to the colleague on the boat near him at the time. :(

Just an unfortunate freak accident.

Kirstie, they were showing that show little Bindi does with a group of dancers, she is so cute.

His wife and children were trekking Cradle Mountain which is a very remote place in Tasmania, and would have been really difficult getting word to Terri as there is no mobile signal. This was the saddest part yesterday, all of Australia found out about it before 11am and I think it took till 4pm before they found Terri.

Really sad times. They are going to have a State Funeral for him to celebrate his life, in Brisbane.

Take care, I can see he was loved all around the world. 'Crikey' as he would always say :wub:

>:D<<'> >:D<<'>

It is sad isn't it, his poor wife not finding out untill the rest of the world knew........ :crying: I'm still so upset by it.

He was, to coin a phrase (of steve's) "A ripper!"

I hear the Animal/discovery channel are going to do a back to back tribute all day thing for him sometime soon. They are also going to name a garden after him and set up a trust for his childrens education. The poor wee souls. Little Bindi was such a Daddies girl. :crying:

Hi again >:D<<'> :(

He adored his children, its very sad.

This morning they were talking about him on the radio and lots of people were calling in, and a lot said you just had to say the name 'Steve Irwin' and the mention of his name would make you smile or laugh. He made us laugh a lot, he will be missed, you could always rely on him for a laugh, a true Aussie spirit, full of life and laughter.

In Australia Zoo they interviewed some of his colleagues and they asked them what do you remember the most about Steve any stories that stand out, and they both replied, his jokes and gags, he was a real prankster, always made them laugh.

He will be remembered by the kids as a good teacher.

They are planning to make Australia Zoo bigger and better than ever before, in his memory. :tearful::(

Its all still such a shock over here, people still cant believe how it happened, to such a top bloke.

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Here's the report on the last moments after watching the film on how it happened. :(

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=141765

Edited by Frangipani