Sign in to follow this  
Anneuk

A step forward....

I feel like I am getting a bit further along the road now after speaking yesterday to a chap from IPSEE.

He has explained to us that we can go down the legal route to get out 12 yr old AS daughter and 8 yr old undiagnosed duaghter fully assessed by all members of the appropriate teams. And apparently if we go down this route we will be able to choose who they see. <because we are in such dire finacncial straits the costs would be covered>

This can be done so we know exactly where they are with cognitive ability etc, and to find out just how big the holes are in what they should be getting at school by right and what they are actually getting.

This is such a relief to be able to talk to people who really do care about our kids and have no agenda other than fighting for those rights with us and on behalf of us.....

DD Aspie had first day back at secondary school today and was so very scared but I am proud of her as she managed to get in the taxi on her own and get off to school, even though she was physically shaking. I haven't had any phone calls so things are looking good!!!

Anne