Sign in to follow this  
madme

NAPPIES

I know that this has been discussed before. My son ( now at residential school weekly) is 11 and has a recognised bladder problem. They call it neuropathic bladder- small and irritable! He is under a good hospital and we have tried everything - he currently takes medication but to be honest it doesnt really help. We get nappies from the NHS - I insisited on pull ups but they are TEna adult ones - wide legs and leak. As such I have to buy drynights 10-15 for him- 55p per day. He doesnt have many accident in the day provided he can get to a toilet. For 18 months I have been trying to get dry nights from the NHS and getting nowhere. He has self esteem problems and me ( and now at boarding school presumably the hopuse mum) putting a nappy on him is out of the question. The pull ups provided are useless and no point. Anyone know what the entitlement is actually based on - ie are there nhs guidelines - ive been searching for ages and getting nowhere. We are apparently the only family to get pull ups for children - but theres no point if they leak. Sometimes on a bad night even the dry nights leak but its still not as bad. Also can anyone recommend a good duvet protection that is waterproof but doesnt cause that awful noise and the duvet to fall to the bottom of the cover? Thanks

I'm afraid I can't help with NHS guidelines, but wondered whether if he is not so bad during the day incontinence pads might be enough, and less obtrusive than either pull ups or nappies?

My real reason for posting though was to give you this link http://www.snugnights.co.uk/productcart/pc...sp?idproduct=35

we have these on all our beds (including ours) as never know where E will get to when the need to wee takes her, and they are great. They don't rustle and are very unobtrusive. The only downside is that they do make the duvet a bit warmer, so in the summer you will probably need to buy a low tog one for him if he hasn't got one already, as otherwise they will be unbearable.

Hi try www.fledglings.org.uk. There is also another site that does fantastic pants - real proper boxers with detachable pads - great for just wee incontinence. Think it's highline but catalogue is at work at the mo. Found it originally by googling for swimwear. Hope this helps a bit, Kat

Thats Snugnights site is great, I've just ordered a matress protector for a Superking size bed which is hard to find, we had to buy a superking bed so we could get some sleep, the 2 villains take over the bed.

The Duvet protectors are expensive though :o