Sign in to follow this  
LizK

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Turned on the PC this am and it got stuck at the black Windows start up screen. After about 5 mins got an error message saying

STOP:c000021a {Fatal System Error}

The Session Manager Initialisation system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of Oxc0000185 (0x00000000 0x00000000)

The system has been shut down.

Retried starting PC in safe mode but rapidly got the same message :o

:huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh:

PC working fine yesterday, not new programmes installed. DH said it did make a bit of a crackling static noise when he turned it off last night but it often does that. Worried though that something has gone in the PC and taken the disc or a vital component with it.

This is such bad timing. I need to get a presentation under way asap and I've not backed up the recent photos of the kids :( Am using H's old laptop but it's very slow and not got the same software :wallbash: .

We've got onsite warranty and H is going to call them soon but wondered if anyone had any idea what that message means or what could be wrong

Liz x

Turned on the PC this am and it got stuck at the black Windows start up screen. After about 5 mins got an error message saying

STOP:c000021a {Fatal System Error}

The Session Manager Initialisation system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of Oxc0000185 (0x00000000 0x00000000)

The system has been shut down.

Retried starting PC in safe mode but rapidly got the same message :o

:huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh:

PC working fine yesterday, not new programmes installed. DH said it did make a bit of a crackling static noise when he turned it off last night but it often does that. Worried though that something has gone in the PC and taken the disc or a vital component with it.

This is such bad timing. I need to get a presentation under way asap and I've not backed up the recent photos of the kids :( Am using H's old laptop but it's very slow and not got the same software :wallbash: .

We've got onsite warranty and H is going to call them soon but wondered if anyone had any idea what that message means or what could be wrong

Liz x

Hi Liz

I take it a boot up in safe mode does not fix the problem ?

I would unplug any non essential devices (printers, scanners etc.) and see if the machine boots up.

It is difficult to diagnose from the description you have given but is a major issue and might well involve you reinstalling XP.

Are you sure you did not install any software on the PC and do you have auto updates enabled ?

Good luck

Lufty

That's not a good message to get. Not sure what the exact problem is I'd hazard a guess that it's a corrupt file or a driver conflict

As Lufty says, unplug everything that you don't need (i.e. scanner, printer, camera etc.) and try rebooting. If that doesn't work then a re-install is probably your only option BUT that doesn't mean that you'll lose everything as, although it's adviseable to format the hard drive before a re-install, you don't have to so any data on it should be OK. The fact that Windows starts to boot kind of points towards the hard drive (and therefore your photos etc.) being OK but if you can't even get into safe mode then the chances of repairing it/diagnosing the conflict/corruption is not great. It's not necessarily the end of the world but I'd prepare yourself for a bumpy ride

theniel's kinda got it this error is a memory error but not from the hard drive (diffrent syntax for hd error's)

this is a problem with the ram

c000021a is a binary hex code for a service of some kind and Oxc0000185 is a binary hex code for the status of the physical area's on the ram that were being used, while (0x00000000 0x00000000) is the physical address of the file that caused the error

to solve this you need to download a program capable of interrpreting the raw signals from the ram and converting it in to text (in simple terms) there used to be a program called memgeni256 im not shure if its still around but bassicaly if you type hex interrpriter in to google you should be able to find something

once you get the prgram it will ask you for the physical address of the file you whant to decompile just copy and paste (0x00000000 0x00000000) in to the box and make shure you select bool the program will then scan the file and tell you were the error is occuring# the trick to this tecnique though is saving the sesults before your computer shuts dowen again. (if the error occurs before the desktop loads up you can get a dos based hex interpriter that you can put on a floppy disk or solid state mem pen drive is its a dos based hex interrpriter dont need to worry about the computer shutting dowen

the program (if you find a decent one like memgeni256) will give you futer instructions afta that