Sign in to follow this  
baddad

snow cake movie

Just seen the trailer for 'snow cake' appear on Tiscali's homepage... first glimpse I've had.

Looks from the trailer to be a really interesting film - not that Sogourney Weaver's made many toikeys...

For those who've not heard of it, SG plays a HF autistic person who's daughter is killed in a car accident, and the story centre on SW's relationship with the driver involved in the crash (Alan Rickman).

Couple of stand out lines from the trailer:

Woman (to SW) : I'm sorry to hear you lost your daughter

(SW) : She's not lost, she's dead...

[Alan Rickman tries to apologise to woman]

Woman: Oh it's alright, i know all about autism... I've seen that film...

:lol::lol::thumbs:

Sigouney Weaver (to AR, they're rowing): You're a very selfish man !

Alan Rickman: No, you're unreasonable

Sigourney Weaver (shouting): I'M AUTISTIC!!

Alan Rickman: Same thing!

----------------------------------

Anyways, here's the link:

http://www.tiscali.co.uk/entertainment/fil...w-cake.html

Def going on my 'to watch' list! Hope i'm not disappointed :(

L&P

BD :D

I seen that preview on my cinema's website, looks really good. With Weaver playing te lead role, it has to be a good film so I'll definatey be parting with money to watch it once T is back in school. :)

Yes I thought this looked promising - there's an aricte in the recent NAS magazine about it.

Three reasons why I'll definitely be seeing this film :dance: :

1) Alan Rickman

2) Alan Rickman

3) Alan Rickman

That voice.. :):wub:

K x

Yes I thought this looked promising - there's an aricte in the recent NAS magazine about it.

Three reasons why I'll definitely be seeing this film :dance: :

1) Alan Rickman

2) Alan Rickman

3) Alan Rickman

That voice.. :):wub:

K x

Kathryn, what were those 3 reasons again?? :lol::whistle:

Thanks for that baddad. :D

I'll def be seeing this.

I luuurve Alan Rickman (Snape mmmmmm :wub: he's so.... you know!? :wub: )

Looks like a very promising movie

Flo' :D

Nar............

Just looked up a picture of Alan Rickman and he doesnt do it for me.Hes a bit too smarmy looking and clean cut.

Film sounds ok though.Ill waite for it to be on dvd.

Wow it looks really good, a definate must see.

Nope he doesn't do it for me either, a bit old looking.

Sigourney Weaver looks so different in it or am i out of touch with the celebs.

Clare

He's got to be the same age as my dad :huh::o:rolleyes: actually hes 9 years younger, he looks older in the trailer, dont you think.

:lol:

Nope he doesn't do it for me either, a bit old looking.

Oi!!! What does that say about me??? :o:o:lol:

It's all in the VOICE I tell you! :):):)

K x

Oh i agree voices play a big part................

And its nowt to do with his age...............

Heck im 37 so anyone between 30 and a good looking fit 55 year old i dont consider too old..........

Robert de nero must be knocking on and hes still got it...........

Tom cruise is in his 4os and could give a bloke half his age a run for there money..........

As a women you want yer bloke to be older and look at bit battered and worn but preferbly without a bald head and a beer gut that way you always look younger........... Luckily me husband fits the bill on all counts older and battered but no beer gut and still fit as a flea.............

As a women you want yer bloke to be older and look at bit battered and worn but preferbly without a bald head and a beer gut that way you always look younger........... Luckily me husband fits the bill on all counts older and battered but no beer gut and still fit as a flea.............

:o:lol::lol::lol: that way you always look younger :wub::whistle:

oh you make me laugh.

:devil:

Alan Rickman - brillant actor -distinctive and lovely voice -bad side snape in HP movies.

Speaking of films containing autism material. Has anyone else mananged to see a movie called - Mozart and the Whale - stars Josh Harnett playing a aspie guy who runs a support group for people with AS and is a taxi driver - is based on a true story from a book written by the main character but I've forgotten his name.

I don't think it's ever been released properly anywhere but Brazil for some strange obscure reason and was also shown at an american ASD convention.

I got it from the net using some dubious means but only because I'd being waiting a year to see it and it seemed like it was never going to get released!

Lorraine

Lorraine, you are thinking of Jerry and Mary Newport :)

I understand that Sony have just bought the US rights and plan to release it in 2007, and it has recently premiered in Norway. Hopefully it will eventually make its way over here.

As for Snowcake, I am planning to see it next week.

I haven't got a beer gut - just a guinness tyre, which is completely different ;)

Edited by baddad

Snowcake has gone on general release in the UK from today.

Unfortunately my local complex isn't showing it yet.

Looks like I'm going to have a 'big day out' in the city

tomorrow to go see it.

I can't wait.

Mike

Found this...

Snow Cake

Cornerhouse

Odeon Cinema Kingston Upon Thames

Odeon Cinema Covent Gardens

Odeon Cinema Swiss Cottage

Picture House Uckfield

Showroom, The

Ster Century Leeds

Cineworld Birmingham Broad Street (Formerly UGC Birmingham Broad Street)

Cineworld Cardiff (Formerly UGC Cardiff)

Cineworld Edinburgh (Formerly UGC Edinburgh)

Cineworld Fulham Road (Formerly UGC Fulham)

Cineworld Haymarket (Formerly UGC Haymarket)

Cineworld Glasgow Renfrew Street (Formerly UGC Glasgow Renfrew Street)

Cineworld Sheffield (Formerly UGC Sheffield)

on here -

http://www.britinfo.net/cinema/film-listings-S.htm

Well the nearest one to us is a 2 and a half hour drive away so it looks like we will have to wait fro the DVD :(

Oracle

Well the nearest one to us is a 2 and a half hour drive away so it looks like we will have to wait fro the DVD :(

Oracle

That's a pity Oracle. I wonder why odeon didn't make it more widespread, they easily have enough screens at their multi's.

I'll be going to cineworld in Edinburgh. It will be a long trip just for a movie, but I don't get into the capital often enough = there are more pubs to choose from too,lol.

Mike

Oracle

Same here :(

Maybe we should have made a day of it..... All pile into a campervan :thumbs:

......would be fun to get told off by the toddlers teenages (who find your seats in the dark :blink: with teeny-weeny flashlights) for throwing popcorn around and giggling at the bald man in front....

And that's just the adults! :o

Probably not a great idea - i have the attention span of a nat, i'd be wiggling about and bored by the second advert :P

(Ask N, she's seen me 'concentrating' :hypno::lol: )

:blink: Damn that means about the same difference for us aswell. And an iffy friend wouldn't be able to source it I don't think as it's not a 'big' film. Damn it. Someone take a video camera into the cinema for us :lol: Edited by lil_me

Well, after what seems like an eternity since Snow cake opened at the Berlin Film Festival earlier this year to rave reviews, I finally got to see it today.

It is undoubtedly first class.

I was worried that either it would not live up to my expectations of it or that I would feel that I had a duty to like it after building it up in my mind.

I needn't have worried on either score. It was simply brilliant.

I must say that at first , I was a little put off with the grainy quality of the film and the sometimes 'hand-held camcorder' feel of it. The grainy quality did give the movie a quality of it's own and the 'blair witch' cinematography didn't last too long, lol.

To the story. I certainly didn't have to try hard to get into the characters. They were all portrayed excellently and each pairing be it Rickman and Weaver, or the daughter Vivienne, played beautifully by the very lovely, Tracey Hampshire, and rickman's Alex.

Their portion of the movie they were together in was wonderful. Viviennes character was simply magical.

Weavers portrayal of an autistic woman was amazing, showing traits very easily identifiable by most of us I believe.

The dialogue is brilliant. The laughs are many and I had tears from laughter at times. Tears of the opposite kind are there too but there is no sloppy sentimentality at all.

So for me it had it all, great script, great acting, great humour, some sadness, thoughtful, never dull.

A female 'rain man' it certainly isn't. It's not hollywood -glossy, and comfortable. It's not gritty but seems very real.

I would give it 10 out of 10, and now I can't wait for the DVD to come out.

Mike

Unbelievable, why on earth is it so limited in its release? It's got at least 2 major actors and has had excellent reviews, the mind boggles!!

I too will have to wait for the dvd or just hope it comes out later. Jeez I live in the oil capital of the north with over 200k people you think they could show it here it's not the back of beyond!! I'm miffed if you hadn't realised! ;)

Lorraine

i loved alan rickman in harry potter, his voice suited Snape to a tee! :D