Sign in to follow this  
Mumble

Little Blue Balls

(Posted with trepidation whilst BDs around)

My new puter has a little blue ball in the middle-ish of the keyboard - apparently it seems to be some sort of mouse type thing because hitting it as you do when typing makes it move so I turned it off - what's the point of it and when would it be preferable to use it (and how do I use it?) :unsure:

Hiya mumble :)

Most laptops used to have these before meeces got smaller/more reliable, and it is exactly what you thought it is - a mouse. Not being a laptop person, I'm not sure how you'd configure 'left click' 'right click' etc, but it should do everything a mouse will do only from a static POV...

As for little blue balls - I'll say nothing :)

Anyone else noticed it's started to feel like autumn?

L&P

BD (O. B. Vious) :D

Thanks BD.

It is really tiny. It sits between the G. H. and B. keys. It doesn't seem to have any buttons or press, so I can't see how it would work. It was just annoying me, because I kept hitting it. I think I'll stick to the touchpad and normal mouse.

On a positive note, I haven't typed any of this-I told my computer to type it and it did! It's quite strange talking to your computer and your computer doing what you ask it to. I feel like a right computer geek! :lol:

And yes, it does feel like the autumn :)

(Now I just have to figure out how to tell my computer to send this message without me touching anything - this could take a while :lol:)

Your computer can't climb trees either!

Yet! - it seems to be able to do all sorts of wierd and wonderful things (except it refuses to make me a cup of tea) simply by voice comand - unfortunately it keeps complaining that I'm mumbling and it doesn't understand what I want it to do . . . - did it not see my name!!!! :unsure:

Now - does anyone know what a 'DrWatson Postmortum Debugger' is and is it going to kill my computer?

Talking of trees - have you seen all the conkers that have come down in this windy weather? Whose up for a game of conkers - I'm leathal!!! :lol::fight: