Sign in to follow this  
phasmid

BBIC chatroom event

Just been sent this and thought it may be of interest.

Hello

I?ve recently taken over the administration of the BIBIC Chat room and so wanted to take this opportunity to introduce myself. I am hoping to be able to update the chat room to make it more user-friendly and will keep you updated of any changes -any suggestions would be welcome.

The next two chats will have a theme of Autism. They will be run by our own BIBIC therapists and will cover two topics that have been very popular in the past. Please join us if you can!

The first will be taken by Carolyn Hill, Nutritionist on Tuesday 20 February 3.00-5.00pm.

In our experience at BIBIC common problems linked to Autism and nutrition are a limited diet, a reluctance to try different brands, textures and foods. Bowel problems and disturbed sleep patterns. Carolyn will be available to talk about nutrition for children and young people with Autism. If you have questions which you like to put to Carolyn before the live chat please send them to me and I will forward them to her. Although she will not be able to enter into individual correspondence before the chat they may be used to get the discussion going or to inform Carolyn what sort of things you will want to talk about on the day. Hopefully in time these will become available to view on the site. Join us with questions, comments; share your experiences and anything you have found useful.

The second talk will take place on Tuesday 13 March 3.00-5.00pm with Graham Valentine, BIBIC Therapist.

Graham will be available to talk about behaviour issues and Autistic Spectrum disorders within the home and school environment. Join in with your own experiences, questions and comments.

If you have not yet registered for the chat room and would like to do so now, please follow the link below. For security reasons all discussions take place only with those who are registered and have been allocated a user name and password. Your information will be kept in a secure database and won?t be used for any other purpose than informing you of upcoming chats. If at any time you wish us to remove your details please e-mail me with REMOVE in the subject line.

To register click here.

If you have forgotten your user name and password e-mail me on the address below and I will send it to you. You can also e-mail me if you have any problems entering the chat room and I will try to help. hazel.warren@bibic.org.uk

If you do not wish to receive e-mails from BIBIC about the chat rooms, please e-mail me with REMOVE in the subject line and I will be happy to take your address out of our database.

I hope to chat to you on-line soon.

Kind regards

Hazel Warren, Administrator

BIBIC - British Institute for Brain Injured Children

Knowle Hall, Bridgwater, Somerset, TA7 8PJ

Tel 01278 684060 Fax 01278 685573

Email hazel.warren@bibic.org.uk

For further information about BIBIC please visit our website at www.bibic.org.uk or to see a short film about our work please visit www.bibic.org.uk/BIBIC_384K.wmv