Sign in to follow this  
loupin

Birthday blues... Update!

After my big moan the actual birthday on Sunday went ok. I did get upset on sunday morning when he came into our bed, he saw the pressies & balloons and said who are they for mum? I said who do you think they are for? He thought that they may be for his cousin but he had no idea! He had forgotten that it was his birthday! We gave him lots of prompts and he then remembered. He loved his nintendo. He went out for a walk with his dad and the dogs and we just let the day continue like any other sunday. he was quite agitated all day and we had a few minor melt downs but we got through it!!!

Did any one watch recovery last night? I felt that there were quite a few similarities to my sons behaviour, like the remembering sequences to do things, retrieving words, frustrations etc. Obviously my boy doesn't do a lot of the things that the character did but I just was quite suprised by it.

I am so glad to have you guys to off load to

Thank you xxxxxxxxxxx

:D So please to hear the day went well. I have always thought Mum's should get to celebrate the birthday as much as the child....bring on the cake LOL !!!!!! I didn't see you program you mentioned, but my DS when anxious/stressed can't remember how to do things, he'll say things like "I know I am supposed to be cleaning my teeth but my brain won't tell me how" !!!!

>:D<<'> Clare x