Sign in to follow this  
lisa35

book on literal expressions

Hi Lisa,

An Asperger Dictionary of Everyday Expressions, by Ian Stuart Hamilton, is excellent - we have this.

Somebody (Smiley?) posted information about another book specifically aimed at younger children.

K x

:D:wub: Bless! My son has HUGE problems with this - and i was concerned he wouldn't understand the book. I usually have a read through books with him first (he's a real bookworm, so for us, books are a great way to help him), but this one i've kept a hold of - it is excellent - but i think, for my son, it would be way too confusing to have it all at once IYSWIM! We look through it together. He has a great sense of humour for slap-stick type things - so most of it i've been able to joke with him about - although he still doesn't get 'Let the cat out of the bag' :blink::lol:

Just reminded me - yesterday i turned off the TV and said 'There's nothing on' and wandered out of the room - came back two minutes later and he was sitting in the same spot - looking very confused... He didn't understand my comment - thinking i meant there was literally nothing on the TV - as in all the programmes had stopped - and he was baffled as to how that could happen!! I had to explain to him that there was nothing i wanted to watch on. :huh: