Sign in to follow this  
Flora

Need a good kick start

I've fallen into a sort of apathy regarding Bill's application for stat assessment.

After the success of the multi-agency meeting I applied immediately for the assessment and got all the forms to fill in.... meanwhile the school sent their version of the minutes of the meeting and on reading them I feel stopped in my tracks and apathetic. The flight or fight effect is more like a 'rabbit caught in the headlights'...

Basically, the minutes documented everything I said... word for word almost... with nothing that anybody else said! So it sounds like the whole thing is my opinion, with no verification from the professionals at the meeting :o I should have expected this, but it really took me by surprise. All the school staff were supportive and verifying what I'd said... so why didn't they put it in the minutes? No need to answer, I know why really.... :angry:

Luckily I have my own notes on the meeting which I will include as a supplementary to the school's... and the CAMHS psychiatrist sat making notes so she will be able to back me up.

What I need though is a kick start. I can't seem to bring myself to even look at the forms. Someone tell me to get off my 'posterior'!!! :huh:

Please :lol:

Flo'

ps... forgot to add that Bill is really not great just now. He wants to do nothing other than his own thing... and he is causing mayhem as I type because he's misplaced his precious Sonic the Movie DVD and to buy it again the cheapest I can find is one on amazon for nearly �60 :o

Also..... opinion sought on this: The special needs manager has emailed him some homework to do and he's furious! He felt like she is chasing after him and he says he can't stand it. He's paid lip service to doing this homework (a history project) and typed about 3 sentences! Should she be doing this when he's signed off sick waiting for home tuition from the LEA?

Hey 'Flo :D

I am the queen of dragging my heels and procrastinating :lol: I nearly always need a swift kick up the backside to get stuff done :rolleyes: Sounds daft - but lists tend to help me. It gets way too overwhelming for me and i need to break it all down into lil bits, which i tick off as i do them IYSWIM.

Get the beginnings of a list done today - just make yourself do it!! :fight::wallbash::lol: As for the minutes of the meeting :angry: been there - drives you up the bloomin' wall doesn't it.

Please, please, PLEASE try to find a befriender to help you through it - someone who can be with you throughout the whole process if you can. IPSEA, NASEN, Network 81.............. Anyone who can help, offer support, and swift kicks up the backside!

>:D<<'> >:D<<'>