jlp

Not really funny

Today G's teacher came over for a word. It's been a difficult day.

Postie was crossing the yard at school today when G ran over and grabbed some letters out of his bag (reason as yet unspecified) and legged it. Letters were finally retrieved but were scrumpled up.

He's been in trouble at school (stopped from going to the library but there'd been other quite serious things today too) and at home we've had a very serious chat about how this is wrong and grabbing people's things and running away with them is actually stealing.

But when I thought about it later, the sheer insanity has made me snigger hysterically while hiding in the kitchen. The poor postie.

Im with you on this one, I know its not really funny but I cant help imagining the posties face as your son legged it with a handful of letters.

Sometimes a bizarre sense of the ridiculous is all that keeps you going.

A couple of weeks ago we had a very important meeting here at home with regard to a social service complaint. Three suits sat in my front room delivering lengthy speeches about lack of funding etc etc. My son decided it was a good idea to play with his Homer Simpson Christmas toy. We were treated to several (very loud) renditions of Jingle Bells.The sight of these chps trying to talk over Homer and pretend nothing was happening makes me chuckle just thinking about it.

Lorainexx

It sounds like real slap-stick comedy.... my favourite kind!! :lol::lol::lol:

I know there's a serious side which you'll naturally want to sort out.... but hey if you can't laugh where would you be?

Flora X