Sign in to follow this  
allsetuk

moving house, deposits and help ?

has anyone heard of anything schemes or positive things to do with moving house or has any ideas what help is available for raising deposits for moving house. As a single parent i have to be credit checked which costs a fortune ?? I have found a house so suitable for us, im worried as housing benefit said initially that its two expensive despite being only 2 bedroomed , its laid out differntly as its a small house over 3 floors and provides us with an extra room which should be the dining room which i would like to use as a bit of alternative space - we desperatly need , currently in a rabbit warren of a house sharing bed with my son and have not one single cupboard in the whole house and feel totally stifled and strangulated. Im waiting on them to come back with the pre tenancy determination thing. its all such a stressful process

:tearful: this house situation in england is dismal!!

Nightmare isn't it :tearful:>:D<<'> >:D<<'>

In my area - (not sure if it's nationwide) the council will help you with the deposit if you are unable to get the money yourself. It's a very drawn out process (isn't it always! :wallbash: ). You have to provide bank statements, and up to five letters from banks saying they cannot offer you a loan/credit. You also have to provide written statements from parents etc... saying they are unable to help.

As i said - nightmare :wallbash::wallbash:

I began privately renting three years ago (always owned my own home befroe then) - I've moved twice during this time, all in the same area. Three years ago i could afford a nice three bed - year ago, a teeny two bed. Now (i need to mave again! :crying: ) - well put it this way - i'm yet to find anything in any area within a 15 mile radius of where i am now for anything near what i'm paying at the moment - i've begun to look at one beds...................

>:D<<'>