Sign in to follow this  
JenRose

2 situations, nursery and slt

right i have 2 problems atm.

1, got a letter from slt who has asessed R and has done 2 language groups with us and R, the letter says she wants to visit us and R at home

for an initial asessment. Initial asessment? well that was done over a year ago so i dont understand.

we are waiting to see if the ICAN speech group have accepted her and we dont think they have as her language difficulties are to do with her social

and communication difficulties and ICAN dont take children unless they have a specific language delay/disorder but with no other symptoms.

so i phoned slt and they said her therapist is on holiday for 2 weeks so i asked to speak to somone senior and they said there is no one.

2, R has been very tearful last night and this morning, i broke down the nursery day with her and she told me that a little girl had thrown sand in her eyes and her hair.

now this isnt the first time she has said that other children have hit or pushed her, the nursery say oh she,s just repeating things but i dont think so in this case.

i want to write a letter to the head as we are unhappy but im not sure if im overreacting or not.

im not impressed at all with slt they have messed us around a lot, its just one thing after another.

meant to add that this morning i told one of the nursery staff what R had told me and she said "well she never says anything" so i said

well she has a speech problem and finds it difficult then she bent down to R and said "when someone does something to you you have to tell"

i was fuming and i said YES BUT SHE CANT< SHE HAS A COMMUNICATION PROBLEM.

i am still annoyed now.