meggzie plan

Guest Lya of the Nox

new school

new teachers, being told not to look of window when listenin,

girlies really really at it now

my head hurts

x

Hi Lya and Meggzie,

Whose plan is it? How feasible would it be? Would the same isues remain?

I ask (and I hope you don't mind me asking) because this was the plan applied by me ("Well I'm not going back to that school so you'll have to find a new school") but also my my Mum to get out of difficult confrontations ("Mrs Mumble, we think Mumble ought to be assesed by an Ed Psych").

Upshot was that I went to seven different schools.

I would not recommend this to anyone. Whilst initially it helped in giving me a clean slate, the same old problems quickly re-emerged and the more they did so in different settings the more I couldn't blame the institutions and instead turned the hatred in on myself.

You do have one major weapon in that you have a diagnosis which carries with it certain weight. However, I got the impression from Meggzie in Greenwich that the school didn't really understand this (brought back all sorts of things from when I was at school and them trying to have me diagnosed dyslexic because it was all they knew and now my D.O. finding it difficult because I'm not dyslexic, I'm AS :angry: - it really is very difficult when you are so poorly understood).

The example you have of being told not to look out the window is probably (unfortunately) the tip of what is happening but it clearly demonstrates how little the school understands AS. I can't concentrate if I have to look directly at the person talking yet this is what is expected. The school has to be proactive in not drawing attention to this which is clearly what they are currently doing in that the other girls have picked up on this. I have, finally, in my course got a supervisor who understands this, and the difference it makes to my ability to concentrate and to succeed is extreme. It is a real shame that there are not more people with that level of understanding (and really it's not asking much, is it?).

Are the school aware of what they are doing to her? Perhaps they need this explained very bluntly - I would be writing letters to the teacher(s) concerned/SENCO/Head etc etc. The way things happen is so wrong and I'm so sorry, and angry, that you and Meggzie are caught up in it. I really hope that things can be satisfactorily sorted and that Meggzie can be happier in her education. >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>