Sign in to follow this  
wilson

link?

They do seem to commonly occur at the same time.

I wonder if more subtle cases of ADHD are observed when the person has an ASD because people (parents, teachers and diagnostic professionals) are already looking in detail at the child's symptoms.

There is definitely a tendency toward OCD in autism. We thrive on routine and organising our world into patterns that make sense to us. In times if stress or anxiety, it's easy for these routines to take over and become obsessions.

Conditions like anxiety and depression can often result when an autistic person is struggling to make sense of their world.

Tourettes also seems to be more common in ASD than 'normal' people. There are strong links between Tourettes and OCD, in the same way as ASD and OCD, so maybe there are similar brain differences at play in Tourettes and ASD.

This is all just my opinion. I don't have any evidence to back it up.

Statistically, epilepsy is far more common in ASD than 'normal' people. Some researchers found epileptic-type activity in the brains of 80% of autistic people - but not necessarily actual seizures or a diagnosis of epilepsy. There is even a theory that autism is caused by damage caused by prolonged, very localised seizures.