purplegail

post 16

Hi

Have just posted self pitying mail.

Now after advice. iS it true that CAMHS help ends at 16?

Gail

I would be surprised if it did, given the amount of support that unis offer. I know I was still entitled to SEN and a educational psychologist in the 6th form.

Hi purplegail.I think Camhs continue to offer support between 16 and 18.Camhs users should also be provided with support and involved in a plan for transition to adult mental health services.Individuals should not just drop out of the system becuse they reach the upper age limit.Karen.

Hi Gail - sorry I don't know. I thought SEN support went up to 19 though :unsure: I would say child services should transfer to adult services but from others' experiences, this seems to be a dificult issue - almost as if ASDs 'magically' disappear when the child reaches the age of adulthood :angry:

I would be surprised if it did, given the amount of support that unis offer. I know I was still entitled to SEN and a educational psychologist in the 6th form.

Hi Mad Kangaroo - welcome to the forum. I wasn't sure how to read your post - do you mean unis offer a lot of support of don't offer a lot of support?