witsend

Having a really bad week

Hi - well after the high of the recent review meeting which went so well it's been downhill ever since! :tearful:

Last week there were problems with transport - the passebger assistant had had a row with the driver and didn't turn up, she's now back but not speaking to the driver and I think the atmosphere in the taxi must be pretty ######.

Also found out DS1 is getting to school 50 minutes early each day and has been spending the time meeting other lads in town and then actually turning up for school 10 minutes late!!! :wallbash: His teacher rang to tell me this on Tuesday and also said his behaviour has been bad this week, chatting and laughing in class too much. She wanted him to do an after school detention on Friday which would mean I would have to go and pick him up, trouble is I just couldn't do it the school is an hour away and I have work and the little one to see to :tearful: . When I explained this the teacher was really off with me, I asked her if DS1 could do the detentions at lunchtimes instead but she said that would "inconvieniance" her :unsure: and she wasn't prepared to do it.

In short she made me feel really bad :crying: . I tackled DS1 about it when he got home and have grounded him for the weekend and stopped his pocket money this week - don't no what else to do. :tearful:

All this was bad enough when yesterday afternoon the head from the school called me to say the toilets have been flooded (think it was a real mess) at school someone had put paper towels in the sinks to block them and turned the taps on and he thought DS1 may have done it and could I ask him about it.

When Ds1 got home and I asked him about it he quite openly said it wasn't him but another boy (his 'friend') who had done it but that DS1 had been with him!! :unsure: He said he told the boy not to do it because he didn't want to get in trouble but he did it anyway and DS1 obviously did not tell anyone about it, just left it to flood! :wallbash:

So I had to call the head back and tell him, he was very nice about it but obviously he's not happy and I don't blame him.

He said he will talk to son and probs give him a Saturday detention (after 3 of theses they get expelled!! :crying: ).

Thought he would of rung me today but so far I've not heard anything.

Anyway I just feel terrible, spent last night just crying. I fought so hard to get son into this school and thought it was going so well, now it seems to be falling apart and it's son who is to blame. I just feel so cross and let down by him and really humiliated too.

I think this boy who is his 'friend' is quite a character and son is drawn to him but he has been involved in all the trouble (the lateness to school, the laughing in class and the flooding) I think DS1 is trying to impress him but it's going to be his downfall and he can't see it!! And son needs to take responsibility for his own behaviour I know so can't push all the blame onto this other boy.

Sorry ranting a bit now - just wanted to get it off my chest.

Do you think I should ring school again today to find out whats happened or wait for DS to come home? DS did say he was going to go straight to the head this morning and come clean and apologise and explain that it wasn't him that actually did it but I can't see that being an end to the matter. :tearful: Am just so fed up.

Luv Witsend.

>:D<<'> witsend >:D<<'> stuff just comes in shovelfuls sometimes doesnt it?

One thing I would do is nip this "friendship" in the bud. Dont know how, but it does seem to be at the root of a lot of the problems.

Thanks Pearl - my son says he has now told this other lad he doesn't want to be freinds with him anymore because he keeps getting him into trouble, I just hope now there won't be trouble between the pair of them as a consequance. :tearful:

The head rang me eventually yesterday and confirmed son has a saturday detention so it's an early start for us tomorrow :rolleyes: . Son is also having to miss cadet camp this weekend which he was really looking forward to so it's like double punishment - but hopefully he will learn from the experiance eh.

Cheers - Luv Witsend.

I'm glad he told him. Our kids seem to automatically attract the "wrong" kind of "friend" - the only lad who EVER called for JP when he was younger was a devil child :devil: . We sent him packing as we would rather he had no friends than the wrong kind of friend.

Hope things start to settle now >:D<<'>