Sign in to follow this  
allsetuk

Visual Cards on keyrings

Hello

I was chatting with me SN Co coordinator last week, she showed me alot of visual cards that have instructions on like DONT HIT, BATH TIME, WASH HANDS, TEETH. Ive managed to get a whole range of them from ebay, all laminated and on a key ring but I was wondering does anyone here have a good idea /experience of how best to use them? I want to get into a good habit with them straight away but im not sure how best to do it, do i flash a card at him to tell him whats next or use a wall chart and stick the ones in that are relevant ? Or do you ask them to look through and tell you what they should be doing ??

they have a range of titles like Good choices / Bad choices/ Praise Book and Dont's

thanks

hi dont know if im goin to be very helpful but we tried them with reece and he never seemed to understand wat they were 4 just used to swing it around abit and dump it somewhere!!!

but i have used a lot of visuale pictures on cupboards and things and did a visuale timetable of his day in the week like getting ready 4 school brushing his teeth ect ect til he got in his classroom which helped and pic on his bedroom drawers so he could find things instead of getting in a flap because he couldnt find anything

i just took loads of photos on my digi camera and laminated them sorry if not much help

love donnaxxxx

my son went mad when he saw them took great offence and threw across the room saying i know all this already , but today the SEN lady showed me a NAS dvd on visual help, it had this fantastic woman in south yorkshire on it who had made visual charts for everything in super fine detail and had them all over the house to explain every aspect of daily life, she kept saying if i told my son to do this he would ignore me but if i give the charts he does it