Sign in to follow this  
lisa35

battle starts now!

Right, decided , am writing to LEA to request assessment.Ive been advised from Ed Pysch to list all the people I want them to contact, Im just wondering if I d be brave enought to contact the people Im listing as well,and am tempted to ask them for acopy of what they say about our son to the LEA when the LEA contact them, that way, if the LEAS refuse we ll have an idea why. After all, this is OUR son we are discussing

I was so cross, the Thursday before holidays he was sent to the behaviour unit ans spent an entire lesson doing a Simpsons wordsearch! Wow, gonna learn lots then !

Lisa

Hi Lisa,

I've just done the same thing after years of getting nowhere and Toby falling further and further behind it was time for me to take control and takle the LEA myself. :wallbash:

I don't see anything wrong about asking for copies of documents about your own son, I wouldn't let my sons Senco send anything off without me seeing it first. Its a shame he put it in the post a bit quickly before I had a chance to make some changes though. I felt really bad asking him to change his own letter, but there were some gaping holes in it. My policy now is I don't care what people think of me as long as I get the help my son needs.

If the LEA refuses they should give you reasons why, so I wouldn't worry too much if you don't get the paper work you're after.

Good Luck

Janey

Hi Lisa,

We too put in for an assessment which I am happy to say and hopefully encouraging to you we got and finally agreed to do a statement, which I hasten to add we are still awaiting the proposed copy of !

Once we had written a letter as suggested by Partnership with Parents, we were sent the parential assessment forms to complete this includes all the instructions on how to fill the form and a space for others for them to contact. Out of courtsey I asked the various people I wanted included if they were happy to support us and our child and that i should be grateful to receive their comments, some I spoke to others I dropped a line. I would not worry too much about your letter as they will only send you the form resquest again probably all the same stuff you put in your letter, they lost mine anyway so I ended up ring them and they popped the form in the post to me !

Interesting the LEA did not contact anyone on my list, but still agreed to do the assessment, guess the info I gave and the school was enough, which in turn was surprising as the school said he didn't really need a statement ????

Good luck and keep us posted on how you get along.

Clare x x x x x