Sign in to follow this  
freedom

ok had a meeting today OMG

well as some will be aware i moved to wiltshire in October 2007 with a 1 1/2 month old statement for special needs school for my son, this county refused to honour it and neglected to educate my son.

i have been fighting since then to get my son a special needs school and the statement up held, and have started the sendist appeal process.

ok today a multi agency meeting happened there was no ajenda and nobody seemed to know why they were there ? ? ? ?

all of the people that should have been there for me were not ( surprise NOT), the school did thier normal lying threw thier ass not giving full reports only the bits they wanted to be see, denied putting emlyn into the main stream classes and so on

nothing new there

educational officer didn't dare show her face and sent somebody else instead, and guess what was tripping up left right and centre over the mess they have made of emlyns case the delays in this process and breaking the guidelines and rules lol god so shocked NOT

ended up going around in circles and them refusing to answer question's, i did get my back up but held it together

put the education authority on the spot and the school as they tried saying i was abuseing and neglecting my children ans got the social involved to which i was cleared and i said WHERE WAS THE EVIDENCE WHAT FACTS DID YOU HAVE AND WHAT DID YOU THINK YOU WOULD ACHEIVE BUT MAKING YOUR SELF LOOK LIKE FOOLS guess what they never answered again

i got the feeling whilst there that something was going on and that both the school and education were up to something at the end of the meeting and not reaching any agreements

suddenly they LA said here is the number of an independant EP we will pay for it if you would like one done ?????????? OMG first thort WHY agreed to it and i called him as soon as i got back going on the 24th of june for full assessement ( but this misses the dead lines for SENDIST so have to write and ask for pomition to submit late reports)

they also offered HOME EDUCATION said AT LAST BEEN ASKING FOR THIS SINCE OCTOBER LAST YEAR

but then she added HOME EDUCATION AT THE SCHOOL I WILL NOT SEND MY SON TOO ????? ahh said no home education is exactly what it says homew education so they are trying to sort it out if they can

then i now have to visit 18 SLC centres in the whole of whiltshire now to say which one i might say yes too lol, also they added i can have the school i want is they have a place ( gits) the school i want do have places but the education authority it is under says they dont i have spoken to the school and they are going to see what they might be able to do

then when i check my emails when i got home i had a letter of the ombudsman stating they had adviced the education to offer home education, another school in wiltshire and to go back to the school i want to get a placement also to add to this there was another case exactly word for word the same as mine that the ombudsman has just solved and the council were found GUILTY of not following the guide lines and not offering education for the child and has been hung over the coals for all of it and had to pay compensation to that family

so i knew they were up to something and it was all to do with the ombudsman and being charged for neglect and abuse of the rules

yep they think they are :o

came was livid could have done bad things today, oh well just have to stick to my guns and carry on with it all but at thier rate it wont be sorted till november at the earliest so only 14 months of fighting and my son has had no education at all for 14 months either