Sign in to follow this  
Zosmum

SWA on the case

Hi All

Had a visit yesterday from a SWA from the MAT and she seems like a nice person. :unsure: She isn't a know it all cos she's read the book. In fact the complete opposite and claims to not know half as much about ASD as us cos she's not the one who lives with it 24/7

Because of the esculating trouble between Z and C she is going to try and get C onto the Red Cross Yooung Carers Sheme, apparently she qualifies by having a sister classed as disabled. They do all kinds of activities and learn that they're not alone in dealing with this kind of thing. She is also going to look at some activities for Z and hopefully go for funding too. :o

It all sounds a bit too good to be trueand I think I'm turning into an old worry wart. I don't know whether to look forward to this or do the usual thing and not hold my breath waiting for something to happen as these things don't usually turn into anything much and take such a long time to set up

I'm worried that C is a little to young as she is only 5 and don't know exactly what to expect

Has anyone else done anything similar to this and what were your experiences of it?

Thanx

Zosmum

Sorry no. But I do understand your wariness about getting excited or not.. So many times we think we are getting there only to be slapped in the face with a wet moldy halibut... but as they say every cloud also has a silver lining so I do hope that things work out well.. fingers crossed. :)

I do not know what an SWA is, or MAT...

I've been thinking about getting my daughter involved in young carers groups. She is nine.

Sounds really positive.

Sorry dogfish

SWA is social work assistant

and

MAT is Multi Agency Team

Things got really bad here with Z's violence so we were referred over to MAT which is where the SWA comes from by CAMHS