Sign in to follow this  
gemgems77

advice please

we decided to swap our boys room around with the play room as there bedroom was much bigger and made more sence as it would give them more room to play (and thomas tank is taking over) we can put it all in there ..... :thumbs: malachy knew the room was being swapped as we have been getting bits for it over the last week and been telling him , we swapped it over today and he was fine untill bedtime when he realised he was sleeping in there ,he got very disstresed kept saying (dont want new house ) in the end we gave up as he was screaming and put him in our bed to sleep ,i will gratefull for any ideas as i would like him to sleep in his OWN BED!

Just wondering how old he is. My son wouldn't stay in his bed and was up and down for hours at night so I turned him around and took him back to bed with no talking or fuss and kept repeating untill he stayed in bed. It took a long time but we got there in the end. I tried not to give in to the tantrums about this because it would set us back weeks if I let him sleep with me or started a conversation with him.

I had the same problems with my 6 yr old. He was waking every night 6 or 7 times and I did what the health visitors suggest for NT kids, to not talk to them except to say back to bed darling, then tuck them in and leave straight away. He knows this is the routine and acepts it but it doesn't stop him getting up. So we thought maybe if we gave him a new big boys room he would want to stay in it. We got him to choose a theme and help choose his bed and furniture and he got so excited, then the first night of sleeping in his new room came and he kicked off big time! it was just too much for him, so now I have to put him to bed and check him every 10 mins til he's asleep then he's waking still 6 0r 7 times a night.....so i kinda made a rod for my own back :wacko:

It's like having a new born again aaaggghhh!

(suze 2) malachy is 5 and sleeps in bunkbeds with his older brother whoes 8 ,we have got him to sleep in the room now since posting but only with the light on .malachy has always had a problem with sleeping since he was toddler funny he was a good sleeper when he was a baby ...he is a very light sleeper and also can get me up lots of times during the night for anything from straighting out his bed a drink, light off light on ,got me on the run i know but can also be crafty in sence we have a super king bed and has sussed that he can sneak in other end of bed without waking us and i often wake during the night to find a pair off legs near my waist ,he also wakes us up when hes chatting to himself in the middle of the night , its one of those things on the list to get help with .

I know the old " I need a drink, straighten out my sheet" routine :whistle:

I have noticed though that since I put some lights in his room he doesn't kick off about actually going to bed anymore. i got a load of different car map reading lights from B&Q, that look quite space age. One is clipped to his headboard, one above his head, another stuck to the wall so he can see it when he looks down from his bed. I also put an empty plugin air freshener into a socket and it gives off a soft glow. i jst need to know how to stop him getting up durig the night now. Funnily enough gemgems77, my son was an excellant sleeper when he was a baby x

We SO know the old drink, straighten sheet, tuck me in, lost teddy routine.....you name it. Not sure how you solve this getting up umpteen times a night as it seems to me he is wide awake at the time and just not tired.......us on the other hand knackered. Also used to wander around the house helping himself in the kitchen and watching TV at 3am (this was about aged 2 - 3 yrs)......only way to solve this was to lock all rooms except for bathroom, his room which we still do. Keeps other boys safe from him too. Never slept as a baby and could not get him to sleep as a toddler even with the old Supernanny routine of putting them back to bed without communicating. Ended up 50+ times and each night we ended up just locking the stairgate on his bedroom door and he screamed himself to sleep on the carpet which went on for about a month.......cruel some people may think but our sanity was seriously on the line. Our other children are younger and we NEVER had to resort to anything to try and keep them in bed......a story and a kiss is sufficient. My DS is 6 now and still gets up umpteen times a night but we NEVER hear from the other two who are younger and without problems (thank goodness).