Sign in to follow this  
Popplewell

AS and Employment Documentary

Hello,

My name is Jenny Popplewell, I work for a television production company called firecracker films in London. We have been producing award-winning documentaries since 2003. Please look at our website to see examples of our work www.firecrackerfilms.com

We are working to produce a documentary about adults with Aspergers finding employment. We believe it is time to make a documentary about Aspergers that doesn't focus on children or a 'special ability' but instead about very real issues.

We have been in contact with NAS and Prospects; the organisation that runs courses for people with Aspergers to help them prepare for the work place environment. Prospects also work with prospective employers to help them understand Aspergers better and how they can accommodate a potential new employee.

We are hoping to talk to people this week and I was wondering if anyone would mind speaking with me on this subject?

Please PM me for more information.

Thank you for your time

Kind regards

Jenny Popplewell

Assistant Producer.

Edited by Tally

We are working to produce a documentary about adults with Aspergers finding employment. We believe it is time to make a documentary about Aspergers that doesn't focus on children or a 'special ability' but instead about very real issues.

We have been in contact with NAS and Prospects; the organisation that runs courses for people with Aspergers to help them prepare for the work place environment. Prospects also work with prospective employers to help them understand Aspergers better and how they can accommodate a potential new employee.

Hello, realise it is a while since you posted this, did you get much response at the time?

It is certainly something that needs to be addressed, I'm an AS adult with good skills with computers and numeracy thus far from being "incapable of work" as defined for benefits purposes, but face the obstacle of requirements for "good / excellent communication skills" plastered left right and centre in so many job adverts, and the "selling oneself" in interviews being difficult, if I even get to interview stage.

Prospects could do with being rolled out nationally too, I'm in Norfolk yet there's no office nearer than London and Sheffield.