southwalessunshine

School trip gone wrong!

hi all,

I'm feeling a bit bad at the moment and wondered if anyone has any ideas on my problem?

My 16yr old daughter in undx aspie, but is seeing a counsellor who is going to disgnose her either way. She is currently on a school trip in poland. I spoke to a teacher before she went away about her poss AS and tld her that my daughter freaks out with change of routine but was ok about going away as she'd had long enough to prepare, however the problem is always going to be once she's there. If there's something that sticks in her mind as a problem she will obsess and if the routine she's expecting whilst away changes she will get in a state. the teacher was very good about it and said my daughter could go to her for anything.

The day she was going my daughter had the sniffles, when she gets the sniffles the flu always follows. I knew she's either fight it off and come home and collapse for a few ays or she'd crumble whilst awy. She crumbled!!!

:tearful:

I've had tearful phone calls and texts saying she's thrown up etc. She stayed in the hotel yesterday for a few hrs whilst the group went shopping, but the teacher made her go to the restaurant in the evening. My daughter was upset she'd been made to go but I can see it from the teachers point of view that a much needed teacher can't stay in the hotel for someone with a cold and she can't allow the child to stay alone the whole time. My daughter also doesn't want to stay alone the whole time as this freaks her out, she's in a strange hotel, in a foreign country, alone! She went out with the group this morning, came back to the hotel and threw up, so stayed alone in the hotel for a few hrs this afternoon. They have to go to a restaurant this eveningand she's telling me she's going to refuse to go. i can see the signs of her kicking off and there's gonna be alot of upset if they make her go. but she can't reasonably be left. Also i expect the teacher is worried because if she doesn't eat she won't get fed until the mornng, my daughters reply to this? i haven't eaten since I got here anyway! So i said to et soe sleep until the group return and she may feel better and if there's any problems get the teacher to ring me. She then tells me she hasn't slept since she got there either! There's a stain on the bed and she doesn't know what it is and because of this cannot reasonably be expected to sleep so she's staying awake, with flu. I know what she's like in these circumstances and she needs me to calm her and work around it in the way we've got. How do i convey it to her through the phone? How do i comfort her and stop a meltdown happening which I can plainly see happening?

I'm worrying myself stupid with tjis but my hands are tied :wallbash:

x

She's back home safe and sound now. Although I got a load of attitude and no Kiss hello when i picked her up. Once she'd been home a littl while she apologised and with some lemsip down her, she's sleeping soundly. x