Sign in to follow this  
ricayboy

jobs/employment programmes

Hi I was wondering if anyone knows of any employment programmes that help people with AS find work as I have been out of work bar the occasional temping assignment for 3 years or so despite having good A levels and an accounting qualification. I am aware of the nas prospects programme but as I live in Essex I do not qualify I would really appreciate any help or guidance you could give me

I don't know if the Shaw Trust operates where you are or whether you would fit their criteria, but that's one to try.

ETA: Remploy is another one.

Edited by call me jaded

Similar problem in Norfolk, as regards not having access to Prospects. I've been undertaking this "Flexible Routeways" with one local provider but it is open to everyone, not just disabled people. There was already another lad with Asperger so the provider are aware of it. Shaw Trust, as I understand, only operate for those people specifically on Incapacity, which I'd be nowhere near qualifying for.

Anyway welcome to the board Ricayboy, coincidence I'm looking for Accounting too. Best of luck.

Similar problem in Norfolk, as regards not having access to Prospects. I've been undertaking this "Flexible Routeways" with one local provider but it is open to everyone, not just disabled people. There was already another lad with Asperger so the provider are aware of it. Shaw Trust, as I understand, only operate for those people specifically on Incapacity, which I'd be nowhere near qualifying for.

Anyway welcome to the board Ricayboy, coincidence I'm looking for Accounting too. Best of luck.

Hi Alanm you should be able to get onto accounting courses for free at your college I did the AAT through my local college for free through the disability advisor at the college I went to I was not receiving any benefits when I got it for free so I should imagine you’d be able to get it for free as well