Sign in to follow this  
FE Art Teacher

learning resources

Hi,

I'm new to this forum and have already posted this on the "education" thread, but now I've found this resources section and it seems a better place to start!

I'm trying to put together a learning resource to help students build vocabulary. I want to create an online interactive resource (prob through moodle) so that students can create their own page to link words and images as visual prompts to help them remember new vocabulary. I teach Art & Design to 16 - 19 year olds and usually have at least a couple of AS students in the group. Any advice, links, comments etc would be very gratefully recieved.

My son hated art until he was introduced to it through his obsession with guitars. He is now working on creating guitar with his own artistic flair. It turns out he has quite a talent. learning the vocab has nolonger been a problem.

If you can find out what interests them and use this as a visual to link the words in that you need them to know you will suceed.

I know what i mean but not sure if I have put it across to you very well. If you need to ask me what I mean thats fine.

Hi Art teacher, I am actually an Art student doing my Access to Art Professions at 35!! (A late bloomer) I use a site called deviant art. Artist can upload all of their own artwork, even just pencil drawings and make friends, join groups, comment on pieces, allow users to comment about their work etc. It is like a social networking site all to do with art. It is a super great tool for inspiration. I used to search google images, but now I go here first. Might not be what you are looking for but I really enjoy it and think that a couple of teenagers could really relate to it. Hope it helps? Skye