Sign in to follow this  
Danr

Declarations

HI,

I was wondering what peoples thoughts were on disclosing AS before a job interview.

My thoughts are that it does affect my interview performance - as it makes me sound unenthusiastic, and lacking a little spontenaity.

However - I'm wondering if any mention of this is likely to make them think I'm blagging t..

also - I've yet to be formally diagnosed.

As you don't have a formal diagnosis, it might sound as though you are trying to make excuses. You will also not be able to present any evidence that you actually have AS. Personally, I would not disclose it at this point.

If you already had a diagnosis and didn't disclose it at application, you couldn't later turn round and ask for adjustments based on your diagnosis. But if you are already in the job and received a diagnosis, you can disclose at this point and ask for any adjustments you require.

In your situation, your best bet might to be to try to practise your interview technique to try to make yourself come across better. There are many books about interviews which might help you. If you don't have a friend you can practise with, you could try in the mirror.