Sign in to follow this  
cathyz

what a performance

My son who has a dx of adhd has been so stressed all week about performing on stage at Hall for Cornwall, but did it tonight. I sat in the audience and watched and saw him wait for his schools bit & get more and more stressed but he did it, his tics were on over drive, head shakes, wiping his mouth on his shoulder (right never left) and when it all started to go wrong and it wasn't down to him he stormed off but did come back for the end.

And the excitement of the drive home when a tree had come down over the road (that was just me lol) and Finn said he really enjoyed it but if he had friends it would have been better and when every one had to be in groups of 2 or 3 nobody wanted him so he had to hang around the teachers.

There was only 1 child there tonight who didn't have her parents watching and she did a solo and she was fantastic and I felt for her and when i see her mum I'll tell her, but thats not a critisism or a put down just she was great because she was!

A fantastic night, proud of my Finn but sat on my own because my son has ADHD (HE COULD GO OFF AT ANY MOMENT????) thats a parents non understanding comment.

So I am avoided like the plagaue

You must be very very proud of him, I would have been crying with pride. It takes a lot of effort just to sit still in a normal assembley so for him to do that is amazing, was it a whole school thing or was he picked from his whole school?