Sign in to follow this  
Sally44

Off on our hols

So, we are off on our hols tomorrow morning. We have to take a taxi, bus, aeroplane, taxi, boat, taxi - until we reach our final destination some 24 hours later!!

We are staying with my husband's family (on a very small island) in Greece, which will be great in some ways (babysitters etc), and worrying in others (the have not been told my son has an ASD :whistle::whistle: ).

All should go well. My only concern is my son's obsession with TV and having to watch films every day. That just isn't going to be possible unless he's going to watch Greek TV :rolleyes::rolleyes: - which I wouldn't put past him because the 'language' is not really relevant to him.

I'm hoping British Airways does not go bust, and that we don't catch Swine Flu at Terminal 5. Other than that, nothing else can go wrong.

See you all in three weeks time.

I envy you - escaping this horrible weather. Have a wonderful time. :) I hope the journey goes smoothly and that your son enjoys the holiday too.

K x

have fun!

couldn't he take some DVDs with him?

I have a portable DVD player that great, can take it on holidays etc and he could watch DVDs to keep himself entertained.

We don't take a portable DVD player because that is all he would want to do all day and we would never get him out the house. So we have told him that Granny has no DVD or video player and thats that. Actually it is very good for him over in Greece because people are very social and he will have to interact with his aunts/uncles/cousins etc (which is about half the population of the island). We also do alot of snorkeling (he likes to watch the fish), and we've taken some fishing rods with us and a full size blow up canoe!!

Take care everyone, >:D<<'> and we'll see you again in three weeks.