scotsguy80

i'm getting diagnosed

I am still deciding whether or not to attend my next appointment, in order to help me reach a decision I asked the person diagnosing me to please let me know the answers to these two question before our next appointment date comes. If I decide not to attend our next appointment I would like the orginisation where my appointemnts are to be notified in case they can use the room at the time for something else.

My first question is:-

After the reasons the person diagnosing me gave me why I saw a psychiatrist I am curious why at the end of our meeting (the psychiatrist and I) she said if we (her and other staff) had detected anything we could have took appropriate action, or words to that affect?

Secondly can I ask, is it still possible for you to diagnose me for aspergers even if the psychiatrist who saw me wasn't present? with the person diagnosing me? (she invited the pychiatrist to 'sit-in')

(I had asked the person diagnoising me why I saw a pychiatrist, she said words along to the effect that it helps make pychiatrists acknowledge aspergers more.

I also mentioned the show which was on the bbc a tv show where I think there were either two and one pychologists/pychiatrists on a panel and they observed poeple and had to match their mental 'condition' does anyone know the name of the show (hopefully someone knows what I mean as I forget the name)?

Edited by scotsguy80

I did see the show you mention, but I cannot remember its name. It was definately interesting seeing how they tried to identify the people with certain mental conditions.

I'm not sure what you are getting at with your post. Did you suspect that you were being assessed for a mental health condition as well as Aspergers?

I also don't know about diagnosing adults. My child saw a clinical and educational psychologist, developmental paediatrician and Speech Therapist over a period of 18 months observations and assessments at home and in school before he got a formal diagnosis.

I did see the show you mention, but I cannot remember its name. It was definately interesting seeing how they tried to identify the people with certain mental conditions.

I'm not sure what you are getting at with your post. Did you suspect that you were being assessed for a mental health condition as well as Aspergers?

I also don't know about diagnosing adults. My child saw a clinical and educational psychologist, developmental paediatrician and Speech Therapist over a period of 18 months observations and assessments at home and in school before he got a formal diagnosis.

Thanks for your reply, if you remember the name of that show please let me know what it is