Sign in to follow this  
lorac

anyone in sussex

Hi there! We've only just discovered that our son may be AS - he's 4 - and would love to get in contact with anyone in Sussex who has children of similar age (or older). Is there a group that meets? Or just for a chat every now and then would be great ...

Anyone else snowed in? Great fun, but my little ones find it a bit tough going :-)

Hi there! We've only just discovered that our son may be AS - he's 4 - and would love to get in contact with anyone in Sussex who has children of similar age (or older). Is there a group that meets? Or just for a chat every now and then would be great ...

Anyone else snowed in? Great fun, but my little ones find it a bit tough going :-)

Hey... i'm in Sussex....

My Son has AS, and he is coming up to 8...

I dont know of any groups, but i agree that the kids are finding it hard and frustrating, my OH took the 2 kids out, and came back and said it was one of the worst half hours of his life (cos DS just moaned the whole time)

Hey... i'm in Sussex....

My Son has AS, and he is coming up to 8...

I dont know of any groups, but i agree that the kids are finding it hard and frustrating, my OH took the 2 kids out, and came back and said it was one of the worst half hours of his life (cos DS just moaned the whole time)

Hi!

We're completely snowed in and don't dare try to go out - roads now an ice rink, and down a country lane which is never gritted! Got the kids out tobogganing though with their dad and they loved it! Also made Gingerbread Men/ women/ elephants / stars etc and then iced them in garish colours. My two loved it and it certainly took up a good slice of the day.

My son strugglling though with lack of routine (even though I try to explain what we are doing every day) and he hates it when his sister tries to join in. Peacekeeper here we come!

Hope you're keeping warm and safe!

which sussex are you in? the Sussex Autistic Society run social events, support meetings etc across sussex. if you go on their website it has details of what they do and how to contact them. i'm in West sussex and have AS. we also have a 4 year old foster child who is almost certainly on the spectrum although it'll be a while before she is assessed we think.

K has moaned constantly about the snow finishing up with the biggest tantrum ever this afternoon - full on screaming, sobbing, throwing things, more screaming... all over the fact that the bathroom door was shut and she didn't want to open it to get some dry trousers!

Hi!

We're completely snowed in and don't dare try to go out - roads now an ice rink, and down a country lane which is never gritted! Got the kids out tobogganing though with their dad and they loved it! Also made Gingerbread Men/ women/ elephants / stars etc and then iced them in garish colours. My two loved it and it certainly took up a good slice of the day.

My son strugglling though with lack of routine (even though I try to explain what we are doing every day) and he hates it when his sister tries to join in. Peacekeeper here we come!

Hope you're keeping warm and safe!

You went to Bognin? Must be West Sussex, then - is Butlintz open this time of year?

:lol: