Sign in to follow this  
NobbyNobbs

peltor ear defenders

for those whose kids use these - do they block out all sound or just reduce the noise? we're planning to drag K to the cinema to see the new nanny mcphee film as she loves the first... but need some sort of noise reduction for her. i'm just aware that the last thing i want to do is reduce the sound so much she can't hear whats going on!

for those whose kids use these - do they block out all sound or just reduce the noise? we're planning to drag K to the cinema to see the new nanny mcphee film as she loves the first... but need some sort of noise reduction for her. i'm just aware that the last thing i want to do is reduce the sound so much she can't hear whats going on!

Hiya

My son wears these a lot of the time. The kids ones (peltor come in lime green and pink) fit me so have had a go and they block out a lot of the noise but its still possible to hear whats going on, just at a duller level. We never leave home without them, you never know when you'll need them. Hope this helps.

Yes you can still hear, but it is quieter. They don't block out all noise. There are some ear defenders that do block out all sound, but I don't think that's very helpful, particularly not at the cinema! I guess it depends a lot on how you hear things in any case.

My boys always wears their Peltor ear defenders to the cinema, it's the only way they can do it. DS2 always wear his, DS1 takes them off at times but puts them back on again when it gets loud or exciting, and DS3 wears them because that's what you do, isn't it?! Actually, I think cinemas are generally too loud, especially for kids and immature hearing systems etc.

DS2 wears his ear defenders a lot less out and about in town etc these days, although if a balloon materialises he'll put them on in case it pops. There are still some places he needs them, though, like a bowling alley or adventure playground.

Go for it!

Lizzie x

I have an adult sized pair for when I'm really struggling. They definately don't block out all noise. I can still hear when using them in combination with earplugs. I think they would be fine in the cinema and she would still be able to hear.