anxious-soul

Newbie saying hello

Hi Everyone

Just thought I would come and say hello and a little about me. I am 34 and just discovered I have Asperger's, I have had a tough few years leading up to this diagnosis as I was diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder and was also suffering with depression. I was on a lot of different medication which did not seem to help my situation and was feeling depressed, I had been seeing a psychiatrist for a while and he said that knowing me for a time that I was showing symptoms of Asperger's and asked me to do the AQ test which I scored 37 which would put me in the mild Asperger's bracket. In a way it has been a huge relief as I have often wondered why I find certain things difficult such as social situations and relationships, I have only had one relationship which did not goto well and find dating a complete mystery which I am finding hard as I really want to meet someone and settle down but can not see how this will be possible?. I also find a lot of other things difficult but will go into them an other time, I also have dyslexia is there any one else who has both Asperger's and dyslexia? and also have problems with anger usually when i feel criticized which I really want to get a hold on. I live in the UK and looking forward to meeting people here.