Sign in to follow this  
peaches

Now got working tax credit - whats the other thing?

For the first time we have got some working tax credit (other than childcare) as well as the usual child tax credit. I seem to remember ages ago that I was going to apply for something that was going to help Raph (or for the family) and wasnt entitled to it as we didnt get working tax credit. Any idea what it was? Would it be the thing where you get payments for resources for your children? Whats it called? Is there anything else we should be in receipt of?

do you claim DLA? do you get funding from SS for looking after your grandchildren? sorry if thats offensive but it is sometimes set up that way depending on legal status on the children and it means you can't claim DLA as far as i know (and if you're not getting funding you can ask for it, again depending on legal status - they tend to 'forget' to mention these things). the resources thing is possibly family fund? i dont know how that works but there's a thread on it somewhere.

the only thing I can think of aside from DLA / carers allowance is childcare help within WTC

Althoug if your earnings are under a certain level (was £14.5Kish) you got free prescriptions, milk token, veg tokens and school dinners

do you claim DLA? do you get funding from SS for looking after your grandchildren? sorry if thats offensive but it is sometimes set up that way depending on legal status on the children and it means you can't claim DLA as far as i know (and if you're not getting funding you can ask for it, again depending on legal status - they tend to 'forget' to mention these things). the resources thing is possibly family fund? i dont know how that works but there's a thread on it somewhere.

Yes I already get both of those.

Maybe it was the FF. I dont think we have gone quite low enough to get the other things, as a big part of our income is actually child tax credits. We get childcare element already.

I think the problem with the FF was that the money that SS give us takes us over their limit!

I might be thinking of the milk and vitamins thing they used to do, but now you get fresh fruit or something dont you?

Oh well, I suppose we are managing so mustnt grumble. I know plenty of people are worse off than us.

Im sure you will have done when applying for Tax Credits but just to make sure did you tell them that you get DLA, because that can increase Tax Credits by quite alot. I think it is called the disabled child premium.

You may also be able to claim a free laptop and warm front grant depending on your circs. I would contact the Citizens Advice Bureau and they should be able to check for you x

Hi,

I don't know if i've done the link properly, but try this website. It calculates everything you may be entitled to. It takes a while to fill out all the details, but it's worth it.

try this

Loulou xx