Kathryn

NUL POINTS!!

Not quite nul points but bottom of the Eurovision table - oh the shame!!! :rolleyes::lol:

The songs were all quite boring this year - many of them were even melodious. There weren't enough seriously wacky ones to mock.

Did anyone else watch or am I the only sad person here?

K x

Edited by Kathryn

There's still a ESC?

My fave from years gone by...

You can fast forward to 1.30 if you just want the winner!

L&P

BD :D

Oh - and don't forget this one!

Edited by baddad

Watched the results, but don't even know what the UK entry was! lol

We are obviously not very popular politically in the EU these days, in fact we kindof blew our chances years back by not joining the euro :)

Still, it is expensive to host the eurovision and nobody is particularly interested in it here, look at Ireland, they won it a few years running, they didn't want it and they couldn't afford it so now they find literally the worst music Ireland has to offer.

Zen

It should be something to be proud of! :clap: We're better than them, coz we have better taste in music! :lol: Coming last year-after-year proves it!

Nah - seriously, zenemu's hit the nail on the head at the end of his post. We don't take it seriously (and possibly the same goes for Ireland :unsure:), and I reckon the rest of Europe has detected that now, so they figure they might as well give their votes to countries that give a toss, rather than waste them on a country that mocks the contest year-on-year.

On the other hand, zenemu, I'm not sure winning the Eurovision Song Contest (and it still would be far from guaranteed) is sufficient justification for joining the Euro. :lol:

Anyway, the interval act was the clear winner on the night - that was very cool. :)

And surely I wasn't the only one not to realise that Spain's "pitch invader" was not a genuine part of their act ... surely? :unsure::lol: It was Eurovision after all, where nothing seems too unusual to be part of an act! :lol: I didn't bat an eyelid until several minutes later, and had to rewind it to see what all the fuss was about! :lol::rolleyes:

James

I'd like to think we have better taste in music but the UK entry was mediocre rubbish and the backing singers couldn't sing. I thought Ireland's entry was quite good in comparison.

And no I didn't realise at first the Spanish entry had a gatecrasher in it - that was the highlight of the evening! :thumbs:

I suppose it was just as well Germany won - they are probably the only European country that can afford to stage it next year. :rolleyes:

K x

I'd like to think we have better taste in music but the UK entry was mediocre rubbish and the backing singers couldn't sing. I thought Ireland's entry was quite good in comparison.

You're right there. What amused me was that Mike Stock and Pete Waterman (formerly "Stock" and "Waterman" of 1980s hit factory "Stock, Aitken and Waterman"), who wrote the song, haven't moved on one bit from their late-'80s style of music. :lol: Okay - I admit I loved it at the time, but that was over 20 years ago now! :o I thought they might've updated their sound a bit! :blink: But nope - it could've been Kylie and Jason singing that song and it wouldn't have been out-of-place! :dance: Maybe they thought it would work in Eurovision, which would've been fair enough perhaps, but nope! :lol:

James

We are obviously not very popular politically in the EU these days, in fact we kind of blew our chances years back by not joining the euro

This year's winner hasn't joined the Euro either...Is it purely coincidental that Sweden's Eurovision victory came less than a week after the christening of their future queen? Princess power rocks!!