Sign in to follow this  
baddad

Celeriac!

For years i thought I didn't like celeriac, but ben saw one today and wanted to try it.

It is YUMMY! Gawd knows what it was I tasted and didn't like years ago, but i wish i'd twigged earlier...

We just mashed it today, but we'll be trying Au Gratin tomorrow, i think... and soup at somepoint :eat1:

Little things, eh?

L&P

BD :D

Did you know they are also known as knob celery?

c0ck a leekie soup then?

Are you sure that's not

:D

Edited by baddad

My dad is allergic to it too. He peeled some and his arms swelled up! He didn't try eating any.

There's the potential for a very risque joke there! :shame:

No swelling here and I had it again tonight (fnar fnar) 'cos waitrose had a load on sell by yesterday. We done mashed it with some butternut squash and a bit of tata to thicken it up a bit. It was yummy! The other half of the bulb and the other half of the butternut and half a cauli I've gotta use up are destined for experimental soup - I'm thinking blitzed and served cold like vichyssoise...

Cheap as chips! :thumbs:

I do swell up for seafood, though, but love it, so have to be very careful to stop when my eyes start watering and take some intihastimines. It's like russian roulette, but with prawns rather than bullets. I had a near thing when a seasoned scampi ricocheted off my temple and broke a light-bulb (think Christopher Walken in The Deer Hunter, and it was similar. Just nowhere near so thin and nowhere near so weird - so really not very similar at all) but luckily a nurse was on hand with a multipack of piriton and a sphygmomanometer. *phew*

:D