Sign in to follow this  
Pedgeth

Hello! At last!

Finally managed to register (seems like I got caught up in the middle of the upgrade)!

Hi all. I'm Pete, also known as Pedge. I'm 28 years old and I'm plucking up the courage to speak to my doc about getting a diagnosis for AS. I'm somewhat worried that my doctor will just brush me off as a hypochondriac, but everything I've ever read/seen/heard about AS sounds like it was written about me.

I was diagnosed with depression around a year ago, and that's the main reason I feel like my request will be shrugged off.

Do any of you have any advice which could help.

Glad we sorted you out! It's been a bit fragmented today, but normal service will be resumed shortly.

The NAS website has good advice for adults seeking diagnosis. Also is there another GP in the practice who may be more sympathetic?

Hi Pedgeth,

Welcome to the forum. Glad you made it here eventually - we're all getting used to the upgrade. :hypno::)

Good luck with approaching your doctor - lots of people here have been in a similar position. Perhaps it would help to list AS traits and give specific examples of your own behaviour which might be indicative of these. As CMJ has said, the NAS site will give you some ideas. You might find it best to write ot all down in a summary which you can then give to the GP to read.

K x