Kerr

Hello, Im a newbie

Hi everyone Im a newbie! Im 24 and have aspergers syndrome. I live in sunny scotland and I probably on paper wouldnt sound like your typical aspie. Though some cognative behavoural therapy and typical girl aspie copycatting I tend to be able to disguise my aspergers quite well to the untrained eye. I am a youth worker and previously have done things like run a national youth organisation. So public speaking and communication are big parts of my job. Its not be easy learning to do it but so worth it. Like most aspies I have an obsession, however mine is one of the oddest I have heard so far, Radiation.

I have to admit from what I have read so far Im really impressed with this forum as it has alot of good advice and insight into how to understand conditions such as Aspergers and ASD.

happy to share any knowledge, advice and insight I have!!

hi! my son is 5 and has just had his diagnosis. I'm really happy to see that older ppl with ASD are on here as i'm worried about how things will change as he gets older, at the moment i'm just reading up on everything i can but talking to ppl will be a much bigger help :)

Kerr it's so lovely to read your positive post. My daughter is 9 and has AS and it's really encouraging for me as a mum to hear from someone who is doing well. I look forward to hearing more about you as and when you want to share more. Welcome :D.

Hi Kerr and Welcome to the Forum. :)

There are lots more aspies here than there used to be which is great.

I have Ben who is 12 and has AS.

As I do not have AS I find it really helpful to learn from others with personal experience.

Karen.

Thanks for the welcomes guys!!!