Sign in to follow this  
11krage

Lost ASD diagnosis

I enrolled last year on a masters course and have my final exam for this module coming up. Only I've gone through all my records to look for a letter from an educational psychologist I think it was that diagnosed me at the age of 7. Usually I get extra time for my exams but the university needs something from an educational psychologist as proof. I have stuff from my SENCO's that I sent along with individual education plans, but not good enough.

I've never actually seen the letter but my parents used it as proof for my university first degree course. I've contacted the uni to see if they have a copy but they haven't got back to me. I'm planning a lot of education over the next few years and it does put me at a severe disadvantage compared to the other students as I have a quite prominant processing delay.

The psychologist themselves aparlently doesn't keep records. Would there be any other way to get proof of my diagnosis without going through a adult diagnosis?

I enrolled last year on a masters course and have my final exam for this module coming up. Only I've gone through all my records to look for a letter from an educational psychologist I think it was that diagnosed me at the age of 7. Usually I get extra time for my exams but the university needs something from an educational psychologist as proof. I have stuff from my SENCO's that I sent along with individual education plans, but not good enough.

I've never actually seen the letter but my parents used it as proof for my university first degree course. I've contacted the uni to see if they have a copy but they haven't got back to me. I'm planning a lot of education over the next few years and it does put me at a severe disadvantage compared to the other students as I have a quite prominant processing delay.

The psychologist themselves aparlently doesn't keep records. Would there be any other way to get proof of my diagnosis without going through a adult diagnosis?

Hi.

If your parents are still alive and you are in contact with them [sorry but I do not want to pressume] then if they know who diagnosed you there should be a record in medical notes somewhere.It is possible to request a copy of information kept in medical records for a small fee.

If you know the area you lived in when you were given a diagnosis then you could also contact PALS for asdvice.

PALS have a web site where you can find out which office to contact.

If you had a Statement of SEN then the LA should have had a copy however I have no idea how long they are obliged to keep them for. :unsure:

Karen.