Sign in to follow this  
JUJUBABY

NEWBIE SAYS HI!!

hi, i've just discovered this forum and already think it's great. I have a 16 year ols son with Autism and ADHD. I live in Bolton, Lancashire.My son is on Fluoxetine and Risperidone, has been for 13 years now and it has done wonders for him. every 2 years we have to reduce each one slowly over a few months to see if he still needs it and then it gets slowly put back up to his normal, small dose. he is so calm now compared to how he starts to behave again every time its reduction time. we regularly take him out to restaurants and he has no problems with waiting in queues or crowds at all anymore. he understands everything we say to him and he understands so much about the world now i am really glad we took the opportunity when we did. at the time he was the youngest child they had tried it on and he was in hospital for 10 days while they got the dosage correct.

anyway enough waffling for now. hi to all. x

Hi Jujubaby

Bolton is very close to my heart - it's where my dad lives, so I'm an occasional visitor to your part of the world. Welcome to the forum. :)

K x