Saneasever

Don't know what to do...

:( Hi again, everyone. Sorry I'm posting a lot at the moment.

My daughter's not the same since 3 months stint in hospital (please see Meet and Greet section for details as haven't the energy today to explain it all again).

Today, she cried for over half an hour because she didn't like the clothes she was wearing. Clothes have NEVER been an issue prior to hospital and diagnosis, but now she only wants pink and gets upset if it isn't.

I've explained that she can't pick and choose - it's a case of what we've got (which isn't very much at the moment as have had to give loads away due to growth spurt / not liking it any more. That, plus she's not really coping with shopping in general).

She keeps picking up cold after cold - which makes coping even worse for her.

I've had to tearfully explain to the dentist that we couldn't go this morning as A. spent over half an hour crying, saying she had too much to cope with and couldn't cope. I've also had to cancel school this afternoon...

I just don't know what to do, and it's heartbreaking to see A. not coping. She's just not my little girl anymore, and I don't know how to help her...

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

First you have had a dreadful time as has your daughter.So please don't feel bad about feeling upsett.

I do not know what to do about colds.Ben is also at home for the third time since September this time with temperature and sore throat.

However plan the dentist for another time when things are more settled.The dentist can be stressful for people with ASD and many others at the best of times.

Also maybe think about prioritising your battles.

Is the clothes issue an issue where you feel you want to stand your ground or could you find some compromise at least for now ?

Karen.